A New 1377 Build Starts My custom barrel band from GMAC

Started by Crosshairs, March 20, 2011, 04:30:41 AM

Crosshairs

My new 1377 is now ready for mods i already installed a 14 1/2" barrel, steel breech,brass safety,custom trigger spring. i want to keep it clean so im useing LPA mim rear sight and a crosman muzzle brake so to keep it clean  i cut the blade off the brass gmac barrel band.i think it would look funny with the front sight blade behind the front of the barrel.and my own FT valve that i did the mods to, waiting for  FT piston
                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Crosshairs

Hey Tom this is your barrel band.Look different ?

ChokingVictim

Great job Mike! cant wait to see how she comes out.

-Tom
"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

michael word

Sounds like it is going to be good. Be sure to post lots of pictures when it is done.

Crosshairs

I was gonna post some pics before its done but that might give to much away.I realy want to see what my valve will do in action see if my lathe pays off.I have two FT pistons on the way.
                          Mike

1377x

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 20, 2011, 04:45:34 PM
I was gonna post some pics before its done but that might give to much away.I realy want to see what my valve will do in action see if my lathe pays off.I have two FT pistons on the way.
                          Mike
are you going to start making your own pistons?barrel bands?
closed mouths dont get fed

62Falcon

Looks like it will be a very nice gun. Good luck with it!

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

Crosshairs

Im gonna try to make a piston,i need one to copy and dont want to take the piston out of my other 1377.Thanks Falcon im gonna need all the luck i can get.
                     Mike

Crosshairs

the old guy

You better watch out Mr. it's people like you that are probably going to get a law passed about how many guns they can buy or build in a certain length of time. And while we're talking about time, I seem to remember a few of us guys offering to let you build some parts for us so you can get some practice on your new toy. I don't know about the rest of the guys, but I haven't gotten mine. I know, I know, they're in the mail right? If they don't show up pretty soon I'm going to get hold of that fellow down in Florida and see if he got his. Now if this sounds like I'm picking on you because I'm jealous, that's only because I am. So seriously could you slow down just a little bit and give the rest of us a chance to catch up. Looking forward to the updates.

Lee
I may be getting old, but I can still whip anyone twice my age and half my heavy.

zoned

Looks great! I'd like one of those modified the same way for my 1322, it would go perfect!

Crosshairs

OK i will slow down Lee,Ralph at RB grips said my grips wont be ready for 3 weeks.but the pistons are on there way.I guess i will start my 2240 once all my SS stuff gets here.But i will slow down. ;D
                   Mike

the old guy

I'll believe it when I see it, you slowing down I mean. What 2240? Never mind I'll just wait three days and see it when you post the completed gun LOL.

Lee
I may be getting old, but I can still whip anyone twice my age and half my heavy.

mr007s

I put a bad a$$ brass safety in my 1740 today that someone sent me. The wife loaned me a dab of her brighest red nail polish to color the groove. I just came up from the basement where I was shooting it. I have this gem set up where it won't cock unless the safety is on. I like that very much, especially while grand-kids are visiting.

Crosshairs

Thanks mr 007 im glad you like it. :-*
               Mike