Hi to all, new member here and pro gun

Started by boo, March 25, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

boo

Just recently discovered air pistols. The Crosman 1377c to be specific.
Been doing a few mods.
So far; pistol, crosman breech, trigger fix, BKL 11mm-3/8 to weaver mount, Bushnell TRS 1x25 red dot, painted forearm and grips black.
Think i`ll cool it for awhile.
I have some life size starling targets and it is easy to get center hits at 10-12 yards with this little gun and red dot.
Off a rest that is. I cannot shoot very good off hand.

62Falcon

Good looking pistola you have there sir. Put a shoulder stock on it to help with free standing shooting. IT really helps. I like that compact little red dot sight! Nice.

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

mr007s

Welcome boo, the quickest way to improve your free hand shooting is to enter the monthly comps here on this site. Loads of fun and you will shoot a lot, cant help but get better.

boo

Quote from: 62Falcon on March 25, 2011, 11:05:24 PM
Good looking pistola you have there sir. Put a shoulder stock on it to help with free standing shooting. IT really helps. I like that compact little red dot sight! Nice.

~Falcon

Thanks Falcon.

I`m surprised at how good these inexpensive pistols shoot.
When I first got it, I slapped a small cheap scope I had in my cabinet on it. I could shoot one holers at ten yards with the scope.
I prefer scopes but, I could not find one small enough to suit me so I went with a red dot.
I first put a Sightmark mini red dot on it. It was very small. About the size of the Burris Fast Fire.
The Sightmark would not hold zero so I had to send it back. I loved the size of it though.
Ended up with the Bushnell. It is ok but i`m not sure it is $85. ok.
It "Bushnell" has 11 brightness settings. The dot starts out very small on setting one and gets larger and brighter the higher you go up.
Not great for shooting small groups compared to a scope but, when you put that red dot on a dark colored bird, it makes it easy to make a hit.

Oh ya, I my try one of those shoulder stocks sometime.

62Falcon

I have a Barska red dot sight with 11 brightness settings also. It is a bit larger with 30mm lenses. It cost 25 dollars on sale and I love it! I get dime sized groups at 30 feet!. Anyway, nice gun.

~Falcon

chiefs50

Very nice.  Did you use Krylon paint on your grips and forearm?

1377x

nice gun!
cant go wrong with a 1377  :-*
the only problem is they are gateway guns that lead to a long addiction
the only cure is more crosmans  :P ;D ;D ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

boo

Quote from: 62Falcon on March 26, 2011, 12:20:21 AM
I have a Barska red dot sight with 11 brightness settings also. It is a bit larger with 30mm lenses. It cost 25 dollars on sale and I love it! I get dime sized groups at 30 feet!. Anyway, nice gun.

~Falcon

What would you estimate the dot size to be at 10 yards with the Barska?.

boo

Quote from: chiefs50 on March 26, 2011, 04:22:36 AM
Very nice.  Did you use Krylon paint on your grips and forearm?

Yes, Krylon Fusion Plastic.

Crosshairs

Welcome Boo im a big fan of the 1377 its a great gun. i am building another one now,waiting for parts.Thats a nice looking Rig you have.Good luck shooting.
                        Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Cross Pistol Packer

Great pistol Boo,I like that little compact red dot sight :)
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

62Falcon

Quote from: boo on March 26, 2011, 02:55:24 PM
What would you estimate the dot size to be at 10 yards with the Barska?.

I get a dime sized group at 10 yards.

~Falcon