1399 rear stock - good grip or not

Started by JMJinNC, March 28, 2011, 04:03:40 PM

JMJinNC

I'm waffling about getting a 1399 rear stock for my PC77 versus ponying up for a semi-custom wire stock and aftermarket grips. Is the hand grip area on the 1399 comfortable? Seems pretty plain jane to me.

Opinions please.

Thanks - JMJ
John

woody67

it is plain, but if you screw it in nice and tight it is pretty solid. It's good, grip is comfortable, and if you buy one for 20 or 30 bucks and you don't like it someone on here or another site will buy it from you. I have 2 of them...And I'll have a 3rd when I get my next gun.

Nate

i dont have a 1389 stock, but i have basicaly the exact same thing on my 2289G, the only diference is that it is designed for quick releas at the push of the button (which you can only have if you own a 2289G) and i find it to be very comfortable, unfortunatly the quick release system does give a little bit of play to the stock, so to solve this problem i put 2 screws into it to stop this, but other than that it is the same thing. best bang for your buck in custom projects... or atleast among them

woody67

yeah, plus you can add a foam cheek rest. I saw a guy cut his down and make it shorter once. Also, you can sand them down and paint them to give it more of a custom look than the one with the writing on it.

You can see the one that I sanded and painted in the gallery. I titled it "2240"- i just posted it today.

Cross Pistol Packer

With screws fitted to lock the stock on tight,the 1389 stock is a good one.
Ray.
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

Nate

woody67 is right, those stocks can be made to not look so plain jane, i cant remeber who it was but they are on this board, they took the stock and cut a section out of the factory cheeck rest and added a really nice raised cheeck pece and a realy nice butt pad, it looks awesome!

1377x

i find the 1399/1389 stock a little stort for me,im a big guy 6'2.
some aftermarket stocks are adjustable
closed mouths dont get fed

bdb12586

Quote from: Nate on March 28, 2011, 05:02:55 PM
woody67 is right, those stocks can be made to not look so plain jane, i cant remeber who it was but they are on this board, they took the stock and cut a section out of the factory cheeck rest and added a really nice raised cheeck pece and a realy nice butt pad, it looks awesome!
hat would be carlhttp://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=3017.0

JMJinNC

Thanks for the feedback - just ordered one along with a steel breech kit - Crosman has a Facebook sale on through today (FBROCKS) - 20%.

JMJ
John

62Falcon

I love the Crosman 1399 stock on my 1377C. I added some kerchiefs for a better shooting and pumping grip, and also for a cheek rest. It works!

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

arkmaker †

I have the same one as Nate. I love it. Once you have a grip on it and it rests on your shoulder, the slight wobble (am I mean very slight on mine) is a none issue.

I don;t think you can go wrong for the price. Wish I hadn't waffled for so long now that I have one!
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

In the picture I attached you can see how I modified my stock so it is more useful.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

JMJinNC

Carl, that's a sweet setup. Are you using a Morgan adjustable buttpad? Best price I could find on them was about $40.

I was considering making an adjustable cheek rest similar to the Karsten model, just scaled down to fit the 1399 stock.
http://www.snipercentral.com/karsten.htm

I was planning on forming a small section of Kydex into a "U" shape.

JMJ

John

quickster47 †

JMJ, this here is where I get my Morgan adjustable butt plates.  Great to deal with and only $30.

http://www.mechanicalphilosopher.com/morgmain.html

That Karsten adjustable cheek piece looks like it will do the job if you can get it mounted.  And mounting anything on the 1399 stock is often an exercise if frustration and futility.  Like right now I've been studying how to add a palm rest to my 1740 FT gun.  But with enough perseverance weins can git 'er done. 

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

Carl,
Don;t you have the QB79 tank block on that FT rifle? If so, there should be a threaded hole thru from one side to the other...that might just work for holding atleast one end. I was trying to figure out how to use it for holding a pistol grip (just a round peice hanging vertical) from it. Well, hopes that might give you something to ponder.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22