I need an instruction manual - Early Mk1 pistol

Started by AirArmsDavid, March 31, 2011, 06:38:24 PM

AirArmsDavid

:)

My Mk1 arrived today from Dennis Baker in Ohio. Just needs some paint!
The instruction manual on the Crosman site refers to the later model post 1975 whereas mine has the power adjuster screw at the front, and 'toggle' piercing cap.
I've looked at this article: http://my.tbaytel.net/coopers/CrosMkI/review.html
I need to know (1) how to adjust the power screw, (2) which way is 'home' for the toggle cap as I believe not putting back to home causes a loss of power, and (3) how to select the two choices of power, although this seems to be by half cocking the sliding knob? With my 157 power is similarly staged by pulling back the cocking knob halfway or all the way.
A link to a proper early instruction manual would be useful so I can print it and keep with the pistol.
Also, bearing in mind I have to strip the pistol to paint it, is there a stripdown guide anywhere so I'm not going in completely blind!
Thanks for any help!!  ;)

quickster47 †

Send me your eMail address in a PM and I can send you some manual stuff that might help.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

NorthStaR

Hey Carl, you know what I'm gonna ask you don't you?!  :P You've got my email address!  ;)

This youtube vid (not mine!) shows how it all works to a degree:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc16d6V7emA#]Crosman Mark 1 Co2 Pistol DEMO[/url]
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

AirArmsDavid

Quote from: quickster47 on March 31, 2011, 08:19:35 PM
Send me your eMail address in a PM and I can send you some manual stuff that might help.

Carl

Thanks to Carl for emailing me exactly what I needed - an early Mk1 owners manual!
I found that the front power screw was turned in so far it was binding the spring so that hi power couldn't be selected. The cocking knob would only push forward to half power. Simple fix - unscrew the power screw!
Now.... what shall I re-paint it with? I'm thinking a black car spray paint?
Any other suggestions?

???

quickster47 †

Personally I am leaning toward a black satin finish when I repaint mine.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †