Crosman 2240 Action Tube Mount

Started by october, April 01, 2011, 09:36:00 PM

october

Hi. I have a Crosman 2240, with a laser mounted onto dovetail.

I am looking for an underneath mount for the action tube. Preferably to attach a flash light to.

Also where is the correct spot to position the laser, on the dovetail, like forward back or centre?

Eventually, I would like to change the plastic grips to either metal or bone. All I see online is wooden grips.

Thanks for advice

quickster47 †

Most mount the laser underneath the tube.  What I did was to find a small piece of dovetail and fix it to the bottom trigger mounting screw.  I then made a spacer that was just the right thickness to go between the dovetail and the tube.  Worked pretty darn good.

Most lasers are usually mounted as far forward as possible.

I too have not seen any bone or metal grips for the 2240.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

october

Thanks for reply.

The laser does not fit underneath, even without the muzzle brake, that i have yet to fit.

I do not plan to fit a scope, so I think the laser is ok on top. But I will fit it closer forward now.

Really just need to know what mounts their are for the action tube, so i can mount a flashlight. Or if there are any flashlights that fit directly to the action tube?

quickster47 †

Do you have a long steel breech or are you still using the plastic breech?  If you have the original plastic breech then a best update would be to get a Crosman long steel breech.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

october

The breech is plastic. I will replace all the plastic bits eventually.

My main concern for now is to get a mount for the action tube. I have seen pictures of 2240 with a flashlight mounted to the action tube. Just can't find anywhere selling them.

Also I want to fit spotlight with a pressure pad, just like the laser.

quickster47 †

On one of mine I do have a flashlight mounted for doing my night critter getting.  It is mounted with an old bracket I had for years.  I think it is a B-Square mount.  I did wrap the flashlight with a thin piece of rubber to bring it up to 1" so if fits tight inside the mount.

There is a pushbutton on the back that I use to turn it on.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

zoned

That carbon fiber brake looks vaguely familiar. ;)

october

I think my best option is to go for a trigger guard mounted flashlight.

quickster47 †

Hey October, forgot to say welcome and when you get a chance cruise on over to the introduction thread and introduce yourself.

We are glad you are here.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

NorthStaR

You can get torch/laser barrel kits on ebay. You will more than likely have to pack it out round
the barrel in the same way as quickster47 did with his torch due to the thin barrel.

Unless you can find one thin enough that is!  :-*

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=barrel+torch&_sacat=See-All-Categories

You may want to do the same search on a non uk ebay depending where your from.  ???
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

tatsumi

AA S200 MK2 .22 multishot, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 IR with Decimeater Moderator
AS2250XT custom .22, Hawke 2-7x32 AO IR with UK Neil Shroud
2240 custom .22, Hawke RD30SR with Porky Moderator