What is the furthest i should expect for accuracy (1377)

Started by dntouch, April 02, 2011, 06:19:47 PM

dntouch

The Mellon adjuster is something i had thought about it. The question for me is => is there a correct setting for these adjusters or is every gun different. Do they come with accurate instructions or is everything trial and error.?

It seems like if i get something adjustable (anything adjustable) i never really get it quite right. Or i think i can get it set better, but end up going backwards. I'm not just talking guns but everything, i have an ever wondering mind that always seems to think there is something better / or different i should be doing..

I doubt i'd be pumping to 15 all that much so i might be better off with soething thats static ( non adjustable )..

1377x

just crank the adjuster screw in till the gun doesnt cock then back it out a little at a time until the gun cocks safely then your at max adjustment then keep turning it out to your liking
personally on a 1377 the pump is all the adjustment i need and a heavier hammer spring to dump all the air past 15 pumps if your not pumping past 15x then the stock spring should be enough
closed mouths dont get fed

dntouch

Quote from: 1377x on April 04, 2011, 07:20:49 PM
just crank the adjuster screw in till the gun doesnt cock then back it out a little at a time until the gun cocks safely then your at max adjustment then keep turning it out to your liking
personally on a 1377 the pump is all the adjustment i need and a heavier hammer spring to dump all the air past 15 pumps if your not pumping past 15x then the stock spring should be enough

Sounds simple enough. Thanks.. Maybe i'll pick one up and see how i like it. You cant beat his prices..

Bentong

While you're in his web and you're  shooting your pumper a lot...don't forget the pivot solid pin to solve that drifting drift pin on the pivot, his modded trigger will make your shooter more pleasant.

airgunenthusiast

Using a heavier pellet in the Gamo would dramatically lower the sound level as well as improve accuracy.

This link summarizes it perfectly-
http://www.pyramydair.com/site/articles/velocity/

AE

dntouch

Quote from: Bentong on April 04, 2011, 09:02:53 PM
While you're in his web and you're  shooting your pumper a lot...don't forget the pivot solid pin to solve that drifting drift pin on the pivot, his modded trigger will make your shooter more pleasant.

Well that should about do it.. I'll have a new gun after those parts are ordered. I already ordered his flow through bolt and a new handle for it. I'll place another order right now. I was just going to do something a bit different with the solid pivot pin, but maybe i'll give his a try.

The only gripe i have with the vendors for parts for these guns, is that they show you the part and some actually show it installed on the gun,,, but there arent many that show a couple different angles on and off the gun. For a newbie its hard to grasp how some of these things are being used, or the benifit of its use. ..

I'm sure once thing is apart it will all make sense but it would be nice to know a bit more ahead of time.

kosmickopp

The first Gamo you bought was most likely "dieseling"   - most new Springers do this the first few shots.      Yes - sounds like a .22 rimfire.   After a dozen rounds it would have mellowed considerably and been a fairly quiet gun.

1377x

Quote from: dntouch on April 04, 2011, 07:39:30 PM
Sounds simple enough. Thanks.. Maybe i'll pick one up and see how i like it. You cant beat his prices..
as much as i dont think its neccessary im going to order a power adjuster for my 1377 like you said for the price why not ???
and as someone else mentioned the solid pin kit imo is a needed part
closed mouths dont get fed