Vendor group buys

Started by ezdaar, April 04, 2011, 11:07:05 PM

ezdaar

What would be cool is that some of the vendors and custom parts guys would do "Group buys" at a decently discounted rate.
Post the group buy across as many forums as possible .

(Example) If you donââ,¬â,,¢t get 25 ppl signed up with a 50% deposit or however you want to do it, the group buy doesnââ,¬â,,¢t run. Let the Sign up last for say 2 weeks, while you prep your schedule and CNC's for a massive run of valves, breaches, etc... or however you guys do it.

Say 25 Valves at a 15% discount.
30 valves at a 20%
etc..

Barrels, we all know we want more than can be found. If a vendor would step up and find say 300 .177, 200 .22 large OD barrels at 24" or whatever is the most popular length that could be turned, crowned and cut to our specific needs. I bet ALL of them would sell out in a cpl days.
Considering that across the Air gun forums I read. Everyone is looking for barrels at all lengths..

Basically the most often and replaced parts for the 13XX and 22XX series guns.

If this site is like all of the car forums I am on, the vendors would take in HUGE amounts cash on each group buy.
Just be smart about it, tell ppl what youââ,¬â,,¢re planning, so we can plan our money as well.
I have seen guys over at some of the import forums makes thousands of $$ in mere days with multiple group buys running at the same time.

Do them in patterns.
All separate group buys running at once. And or give deeper discounts for someone buying ALL of the current patterned parts.

Breaches, Barrels, barrel shrouds and barrel bands.

Triggers, Trigger springs and sears...

Valves, pistons, pump arm pins, hammers and springs..

Etc..
We want parts, you guys want money,, make it happen...

r8j1

Barrels and Barrel bands would be a big money maker for them for sure. But how would you get every one together to make an order?

ezdaar

The way we do it on the car forums, is to email or call in your order.
Say "I want on XXXXX forums group buy for XXXX part". Pay your deposit if needed.
Then the Vendor gets on XXXXX forum, in his group buy post and starts listing who has signed up.
This is useually seperate from each webforum, as to make the most money possible on each group buy..
25ppl from each forum x 5 web forums makes ALOT of cash VERY FAST.

This is how we got specialty items , like carbon fiber door skins for import cars, Carbon fiber rear air difusors, etc.
Those items useually needed 75 ppl or more with a 75% desposit, soley due to they was oneoff custom made items that would probly never be made again.

Example.

25 person group buy for:

20" .177 barrel:

1:Ezdaar
2:Joeblow
3:Joe

Through 25
couple that with barrel bands, breech, etc... you can see the massive profits just piling up.

Once complete, we finish paying our money and theorder is processed..
We are givin a time frame for delivery and thats it, very simple.

1377x

i dont think the market is big enough yet  
most of the part makers do this as a side income turn around time would suffer
if you think the wait for parts is long now ,discount parts seems like the wait would end up even longer :(
ill pay the price if i can get my parts now :)
closed mouths dont get fed

ezdaar

doesnt have to be a 25 person buy, can be a simple 5 or 10...
Thing is it promotes buiss, by giving ppl who wouldnt normaly beable to afford the pile of parts required to build a "tricked" out gun the ability to do so.
then they tell their friends, abotu it who also buy.. etc..

Ive watched guys on car forums go from, hand making carbon fiber trunk lids to being one of the largest supplyers of specialty carbon fiber parts for imports. in little over a year.

The markets not therem cause the vendors, manufactures dont CREATE the market.

1377x

we like the part makers are at the mercy of lets say crosman for one for barrels valves and whatever factory part we mod.there are times when these parts arent available for weeks at a time
i get my factory crosman parts locally. at times he cant get barrels and valves,he pretty much gets first dibbs 20+ years with crosman
so i guess if part availability is there ,it might work
manufacturers dont create the market but they can control it
why dont you contact some of the makers and see what they say?

airguns100

Pick a part that everyone wants the most, then select a machinist. Don Cothran would probably go for something like that. barrel bands for 1377 or aluminum frames.  8)
The OG gangster of the "bling"

Crosshairs

I talked to Don and he is up to his eye balls with work im still waiting for my parts but i understand his deal,but it wont hurt to ask him.
                      Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

ezdaar

was just throwing it out to see what you guys think...  :-*

r8j1

Im still waiting on word back from Blue Fore for barrel bands but Im in on buying from Don Cothran it would give me an excuse to build another gun. :-*

C Mellon

More work, longer hours, less money. Sounds like a plan. You go first.
charlie mellon

arkmaker †

Quote from: C Mellon on April 06, 2011, 01:12:18 AM

Hear ya  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

mr007s

Don't worry, no problem, your President will take care of it :(

1377x

that was my thinking
you guys are already overworked and under paid
but keep up the good work those pennies will add up some day ;)

NorthStaR

I think its a good idea in a perfect world. But as Sir Mellon said it just means more work and less money for the maker(s).
I reckon the price they charge is reasonable IMHO for any part that is effectively handmade.
When I make something it takes me hours, if not days, so I can sympathise with the makers.
At the end of the day its a sideline for most of these talented individuals and not a huge profit margin to start with.

So when do the discounts start!  ;D
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....