list of airpistols with removable grips.

Started by Joshua A, April 07, 2011, 02:55:41 AM

Joshua A

I would like some suggestions of some possible airpistol candidates that have removable grips. why? so i can take them off and make wood ones. I'd like to make a list of current airpistols that i could use for this. and order the frames from the companies if available. I'd like to be able to make grips for any popular airpistols even old ones that are no longer in production. I do focus mainly on crosmans guns because they are always my favorites. I currently make grips for 2240/1377 framed guns (and similar), and i also can make MARK I/II grips. In the near future i'd like to build a collection of all guns that i can use to figure out how to make grips for them. some guns i have in mind are:
38 c/t
p-rod

if you have something, or know of some others that could be good for this too please enlighten me.

Thanks,
Joshua A.

NorthStaR

Crosman 600 semi-auto grips - a popular pistol at the mo!  :-*

For my grips, I make a plastic template with the screw holes and any other significant markings.
No accidental damage to the originals then!

This is one for my 2250b TDR, minus two holes I made after the pict was taken...I have an eb22 template two.

Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Joshua A

I'm working on a set of Mark I grips for carl, and I'd have to say they are by far the most difficult grips that i've ever made....I think I got a method down now that will work though. there is a few different intricate patterns that i had to make for this one, lol. all you gotta do is remove a grip from a MKI or II and look at the frame and the grip and you'd see what i mean....its very complicated. I am looking to get a 600 one of these days, I wanna build one very badly. they are not what one would call cheap though, lol. Are 600 grips tough to do as well?