Whats Your Story

Started by Crosshairs, April 07, 2011, 04:26:00 PM

Gunhippie

My family moved to rural Clackamas Co, OR, from the SF area in '67. My first airgun, a Red Ryder (used but beautiful) with a "real" leather saddle holster. I loved that gun! I played Rifleman for hours and got where I could riddle a pop can in seconds. My next was a 760. The local birds learned the range of that gun! Then Benjis, Sheridans, a Winchester/Diana break-barrel springer... the list continues to today. I got into powderburners through Boy Scouts, and would spend as much time as possible on the range at summer camp (Camp Merriweather).

Still shooting, still lovin' it, and looking forward to some warmer weather for outdoor shooting!

Crosshairs

I remember building plastic models then shooting them up with my 760,man was that fun the good ole days.
                        Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

62Falcon

I miss hunting dove in the canyons of San Diego, California in the late 60s and early 70s. I could always find a nice place to shoot back then. Now days just the sight of my little carbine sets people off! Sigh! I have no idea where I can shoot legally these days outside my own backyard. Unfortunately I live in the Peoples Republic of California where all guns are evil.

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

Noah

Quote from: 62Falcon on April 09, 2011, 05:58:53 AM
Unfortunately I live in the Peoples Republic of California where all guns are evil.

~Falcon

Good quote - I plan on using this one in the near future  ;)
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Crosshairs

I was shooting outside for a little bit today,trying out my 1377 Hunter at 30 yards after about 10 min my Daughter came out with her Daisy 25 and asked if she could shoot.Well i droped everything and said sure Pal.Watching her shoot brings back some good airgun times, i think its that smile when they hit that target.  :-*  :-*
                                          Mike

Joshua A

you know mike, i get the same feeling everytime i shoot multi-pumpers. I wrote in my story that i grew up shooting a daisy 880. well that one has been long lost but i have a new one that i modified and keep in prestine condition. i shoot it from time to time and get that same feeling, and it brigs back so many memories. I also break it out for my young nephews to use when they are around.

Joshua A.

1377x

Quote from: Joshua A on April 10, 2011, 06:28:32 AM
you know mike, i get the same feeling everytime i shoot multi-pumpers. I wrote in my story that i grew up shooting a daisy 880. well that one has been long lost but i have a new one that i modified and keep in prestine condition. i shoot it from time to time and get that same feeling, and it brigs back so many memories. I also break it out for my young nephews to use when they are around.

Joshua A.
not trying to hijack
what kind of mods did you do to your 880?
closed mouths dont get fed

Crosshairs

Joshua i still have that 760 and it still works,cant say much for what it looks cause it looks as old as it is but still going strong.My dad has it at his house in VA i keep it there so when i visit him i have something to shoot. :-*                             
                                               Mike

Joshua A

i knew that would be the next question asked...  ;) there was a guy that i talked to over on the gta. he mentioned once that he had a modded 880 that shot well above the manufacturers specs, so i emailed him to see what those mods were, and he sent me an email back giving me very detailed instructions on how to up the power on her. I performed those mods, filled the buttstock with expanding foam material, added a sling and painted the stock a dark grey, because i never really liked the purple. the guy who told of the power mods also told me that he wasn't sure if the mods would wear out seals quicker, or if they'd cause and long term damage to the gun. Ill tell you this though... I dont have a chrony, just the sound of the gun is about 2x as loud as it was before. and there is a significant difference in pellet speed. i'd like to chrony it one of these days. I dont want to share the mods in here out of respect for mikes thread. the convo will change to that instead of whats your story...lol, so i will make a new thread for it.

Joshua A.

tinker

My first was a Benjamin pump in .177 that was bought in the 60's.  I had to go through **** since my mother thought that I was going to kill someone with it.  There was a constant argument as to what was safe and what wasn't.  What a firearm was and what wasn't, etc. etc. etc. It took at least a year.  Finally my dad and I go to the store to buy the Benjamin and the last bomb is dropped!  NO to a .22, a .177 or nothing.  Well I got the .177 but I wasn't happy.  The Benjamin is still around somewhere at my sons home.  I don't know if it's still functional or not.
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Crosshairs

You should dig that thing up and check it out i bet it still works.
                              Mike

tinker

No I know it need a complete seal rebuild and stuff.  Passed on to the son so it's his now :)
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!