Whats Your Story

Started by Crosshairs, April 07, 2011, 04:26:00 PM

Crosshairs

Lets hear a story about your first Air gun. What gun it was how old were you,who gave it to you ect.Lets see how far this thread can go.
                                   Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Nate

technicaly my first airgun was an airsoft pistol  :-[
i got it when i was 13, then a few months later the bug had already bit me and i bought an airsoft rifle, not long after that my dad gave me hiw old crosman 1300 medalist II, and then his old slavia 624 springer rifle. about a year after that i went to wally world and bought my 1st winchester 500XS and then so on and so forth nor i have 12+ airguns!
i have always been interested in target shooting, i realy like anything that involves hitting a target. and was not allowed to buy an airpistol until i was 13

Crosshairs

My first BB gun that was realy mine was given to me in 1968 i was 15 a Daisy Buffalo Bill Scout,from santa. i had all my dads guns to use for years before that but this one was mine, and i still have it.My next gun was a crosman 760 not sure what year but it was not long after i got the daisy i was still a teenager so i would say very early 70s late 60s i think they came out in 1969.My dad was a real good shooter and showed me the ropes.I also remember shooting a black pistol looked like a luger and used a small Co2 i think it was 8 gr when i was about 8 or 9.
                                               Mike

62Falcon

I have no idea where my first BB gun came from. I think my little brother traded something for an old Daisy Shotgun single pump job, the big long ugly one where the pump slid down along the entire barrel and was always loose. LOL! I was about 12 years old and I was a lousy shot with it. My eagle-eyed younger brother used it to take out many a dove in our backyard with it and I was very envious. Not long after that a friend who's dad was an amateur taxidermist bought him a Benjamin .177 pump pistol. He and I used to hunt critters with it for his father to practice his craft with. That experience got me hooked on airguns and over the next 20 years I owned three .177 caliber pump pistols. I was in the Navy and traveled quite a bit and my guns were lost during all the moves. A friend gave me a Gamo 600 .177 break barrel rifle a couple of years ago. I shot about 50 rounds through it and I put it away for it was much too loud and the recoil much too harsh for my liking. This past December that same friend showed up with his brand new Crosman 1377C he bought at Big 5 on sale, said he wanted to shoot some house sparrows to feed to his California Kingsnakes. I had owned a couple of the early Crosman .177 pump pistols back in the 70s and I was impressed with his new model.  I beat feet down to the Big 5 near me and bought one on sale for 55 bux. I found this forum and I started reading all I could. We bought 1399 stocks, barrel mounts, and red dot sights and like they say, the rest is history. NOw I have the finest airgun I've ever owned and I can shoot dimes at 35 feet easily. Oh yeah!

~Falcon

PS - I just remembered about an experience I had in the mid 80s. A friend had a beautiful Sheridan 5mm pump pistol and we shot it a few times in his backyard. He had barrel mounts and a cheap scope on it. My first shot with it was a perfect bullseye at about 30 feet. I fell in love with that airgun! When I got my 1377C back in December of last year, I was surprised to learn Crosman had bought out both Benjamin and Sheridan.
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

Cross Pistol Packer

My first airgun was a Webley junior (smoothbore .177) my Father brought it for me over 40 years ago.
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

bdb12586

When I was 8 my older cousin had a bb gun and let me shoot it. All I wanted after that was my own. My parents didnââ,¬â,,¢t like the Idea of me having a bb gun, about 6 months before that I had to get a bb cut out of my leg that a neighbor kid kindly put there for safe keeping and guns were ruled off limits after that. Well Christmas was coming and jcpenneys had there Christmas catalog out with, you guessed it, bb guns. Well just like a scene out of the Christmas story I slept with that catalog under my pillow every night and begged every day for one. Christmas came along and I didnââ,¬â,,¢t see anything resembling a bb gun under the tree so I was pretty upset. One of the last presents I opened was a box of bbââ,¬â,,¢s then my dad pulled a present that was hiding behind the tree out and gave it to me, yup my very own daisy red ryder. I didnââ,¬â,,¢t shoot my eye out but the garage windows didnââ,¬â,,¢t stand a chance. That was 36 years ago. The gun is long gone but the memories will last a life time.

ezdaar

I had a 410 shotgun and 38 pistol before I was allowed a bb gun. This was at age 6, was told get out of the house! grab your guns and go kill us some squirl for dinner! NP DAD! VROOM! into the woods I went with as many rounds as I could carry in my game bag.

Was tought to respect a gun and got to see first hand what happens when you shoot things.
I'm glad I got a real firearm first, as I would have shot all the kids with bb guns just like so many of my friends did who didnt respct guns.

SmilinKev

For my fourth birthday - way back in 1954 - I got a "new to me" Daisy BB gun.  My Dad had bought it from a friend where he worked, cut down the stock so it would fit me, and put a new coat of paint AND my name on it.  Prettiest, most fearsome gun I've ever owned.  I had it for four years and probably shot several thousand BBs through it - and then it got lost in a move.  I always keep my eyes open at flea markets, antique shops, garage sales, etc., just in case it shows up again!

This was a fun "time jump" back down memory lane.  When I remember that gun, I remember very particular moments and places where I shot it . . . and it's fun to be four years old again!

Keep shootin' and keep smilin',
Kev

"Every guy has a plan . . . until he gets hit." Mike Tyson, Pugilist and Philosopher

1377x

i was into firearms before airguns at the ripe old age of 8,needless to say i start driving automobiles at age 10.when you live in the plains you learn firearms before you learn how to write.
im trying hard to think what was my first airgun
maybe some daisy pistol my mother gave me after we got annexed in then we could no longer go outside to shoot the firearms
closed mouths dont get fed

Plasticman

I got my first BBgun fro my cousin over 60 years ago and now I am in my second childhood I back at it with a new one every month. Lots of fun then and now.

Noah

I started a bit late in life, however, my Dad turned me on to some cheap-o pellet rifle two years ago, graduated to Air Soft pistols, on to other bb guns and finally to modified .25 caliber Crosman pellet cannons. Shot-for-shot, it is a LOT cheaper than powder-powered based guns (especially the ammunition!!!).

Enjoy the ride and keep us posted on your new toys!

"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Tommie D

My dad took me to Western Auto back in around '73 as I think I was ten at the time and bought me a Daisy BB gun. I would go around and collect pop bottles in the morning then walk the back way through the wheat fields to the IGA, return the bottles for the deposit then go next door to the TG&Y and buy BB's. Boy that was a Great summer!

Tom

Have a Great One!
Just a Ten Pump Chump

Joshua A

Dad was a Vietnam veteran, and was always a gun guy. He got me a red ryder when i was 6 or 7 and showed me the ropes with guns. years later dad came home with a daisy 880, and presented it to me. he told me that it was much more powerful than the red ryder and to take extra precautions with it. I grew up shooting that gun, sitting out on the back deck pumping and pumping for hours. like someone else said, the gun came and went, but the memories will remain. I took hundreds of small game with that lil pumper, and took out a neighbors car windows at one point....lol. boy was my dad red in face when he learned of what i had done. I'll never forget it! or the @ss whoopin I recieved that day. as I got older dad and i continued to shoot and involve ourselves in guns. I left for college and things came to a halt because from that point on I was always just busy...Life would later bring me back home to northeastern ohio and back to where my dear old dad resides. nowadays we are back at it again with the guns. I am a born-again airgunner though these days. a LOT cheaper, quieter (in some cases) and a lot more fun to be able to shoot on your property without disturbing nearby neighbors. Dad was always more "into" firearms, but I think something may have changed recently. All the talking I do about airguns must have triggered something in him....read more about what happened today in my "curious dad has questions about 2240" thread in this gate.

Joshua A.

Crosshairs

I remember my first Tree Rat like it was yesterday took it with my 760.  :-*
                                    Mike

JMJinNC

My first gun was a .22LR Cooey (Canadian Winchester) bolt-action single shot rifle. Had that when I was 13 or so, dispatching pigeons and groundhogs on the family dairy farm.

In college I had a Crosman 357 co2 pistol. Came with the 4", 6", and 8" barrels. It was a blast shooting with my friends up at the lake house, as all they had were bb guns, and I was plugging away with my .177 pellet pistol and 8" barrel.

A few decades later, bought our house in NC and discovered a Crosman/Remington 66 Powermaster in the attic. Used it to dispatch a few squirrels who were raiding the bird-feeder, and "recaught" the AG bug. I was not impressed with the accuracy or stopping power of the Powermaster, so I bought a refurbished Walther Force 1000 break-barrel through AirgunsDaily. Maybe not the best choice for a "beginners" airgun but the price was right.

After that, some refurb'ed PC77's came up on AGD and I could not resist. Now I've got a full carbine kit at home waiting to be built-up, but no time to do it (LOL).

I really love the quietness and tweak-ability of airguns - just as much fun to shoot as that old Cooey, without the noise.

JMJ
John