Curious dad has questions about 2240 parts/mods.....LOL this is great!

Started by Joshua A, April 08, 2011, 06:30:40 AM

Joshua A

In the past year or so I have kinda gotten my dad involved in shooting airguns with me. We shoot targets with different rifles and pistols that I have. He has seemingly gotten more and more interested and has taken quite a liking to my 2240. Recently he's been asking a lot of questions about different airpistols and mods, and available aftermarket parts. I just talked to him on the phone a while ago, and it seems that he was on youtube watching videos of 2240's and 1377s, and came across Mike's (crosshairs) 1377 videos. lol, Now he is talking about buying a 2240 and dressing it up with brass parts like mikes 1377 and asked me to make him some zebra wood grips, lol. He was wondering where he could get the brass parts and a few other things. Dad and I have always been extremely close and had a great father/son relationship. We have always talked about, and played with a lot of guns, but now he is getting into AIRguns. It's hilarious that he has no Idea what he is about to get himself into. you all know what happens once you buy one....let alone once you buy a crosman pistol and start modding. lol. I've been lucky to have a good father in my life all these years, and It will be great to have another hobby that we both share and spend father/son time together enjoying! Has this happened to any of you?

Joshua A.

ChokingVictim

A father son relationship is like no other.  :-* :-*
Time for you to share your knowledge with him. :)
"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

mammocked

Sounds like you are going th have some great times together.
Once you get bitten by the mod bug you just have to scratch
it. Enjoy. teach good habits.

quickster47 †

Sure wish my dad was still around so we could enjoy such things.  Alas, he left us in 1998 and I sure do miss him.  :(

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

airguns100

The OG gangster of the "bling"

arkmaker †

My Dad taught me how to shoot with a Crosman 114 Bulk Fill Rifle when I was about 10-11 years old, down in the basement. We shot together over the years quite a bit untill life took hold of my butt and distance parted us. He just gave me that 114 last year along with the Marlin 39 that I made him when I worked at Marlin. The truth is that I did not care a lick about the 39, but that Crosman 114, now that has always been such a good gun to me in memories as well as tree rat hunting during my youth that I almost danced a jig when he handed it to me and told me I was overdue for it!!!!

So yeah, I have some good memories of airguns and my Dad. In fact he has my Crosman Shiloh 1861 and he wil not part with it. He still shoots that alot and over the years has learned to compensate for all of it's inaccuracies and shortcommings. Hell, you'd think he has a 3K target pistol in his hands and not a 20 dollar pistola. I kid you not! Last time I was up there, I was all over the paper. He was one bull after another! My last phone call to him, I asked him pack it up and send it down to Florida for me. Yeah right, that ain;t happening anytime soon  ;D

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

Well tell your dad he has very good taste, Any help he need just ask away we can fix him up real fast.Check the links page lots of stuff for the 2240 and 1377.
              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

rittah

Joshua, great post. You just got me to call my son. going to have some great times with him. he would love to do this hobby with me. I just started this myself so we will both be learning together at the same time.

Joshua A

thats great to hear. my father and i have always been extremely close, and sharing things like guns/airguns, and other hobbies will only bring you much closer. I know it has for me and my dad. Mike, thanks for posting the great picture. My dad will like that Im sure.

Joshua A.