Didn't need it but I did it anyway

Started by mr007s, April 10, 2011, 01:03:20 AM

mr007s

Didn't need another pistol, my taxes haven't been paid yet and they are due any day.
A 2240 came up on the yellow the other day. I don't belong to the yellow and am not on the BOI. i emailed the owner and was very surprised when he contacted me. I thought it was a decent buy with all the extras to be thrown in so I agreed to buy. We discovered after supplying my address that we live in the same town. After a phone call we find that we know many of the same people. So, no shipping was involved and we met this evening and made the exchange. Not only did I get a pristine 2240 he brought along a gallon ziploc bag full of extra parts. I haven't went thru it yet but I saw a new valve, stock grips, a polished tube, stock breech, screws, fittings, plugs, and a cornucopia of small stuff. I will dig thru it latter on, right now I need to shoot this baby.It has a really good feeling set of grips, much better than the Crosman CS grips.

Here is a link to the ad with great photos, have a look.

quickster47 †

What a great deal you made.  Very nice looking gun with those outstanding grips.  You did well!  :-*

I also try and keep a pretty much internally stock 2240 around for fun shooting with friends.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

tatsumi

Very good find indeed. The grips look very comfy. Which open sights are on that?

AA S200 MK2 .22 multishot, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 IR with Decimeater Moderator
AS2250XT custom .22, Hawke 2-7x32 AO IR with UK Neil Shroud
2240 custom .22, Hawke RD30SR with Porky Moderator

mr007s

Quote from: tatsumi on April 10, 2011, 02:17:36 AM
Very good find indeed. The grips look very comfy. Which open sights are on that?

Williams

mr007s

Quote from: quickster47 on April 10, 2011, 02:08:14 AM
What a great deal you made.  Very nice looking gun with those outstanding grips.  You did well!  :-*

I also try and keep a pretty much internally stock 2240 around for fun shooting with friends.

Carl

I have a 12 inch, charles mellon prepared barrel that will probably end up on it.

arkmaker †

Yes, I saw it and wished I had the $. I thought it was a GREAT deal!!!!
We will need details once you have  it in your hands  ;)

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

Thats a nice looking 2240 i see he has Keith grips on it i think. :-*
                             Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

ChokingVictim

"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

Joshua A

no those are custom shop grips actually. you do have the gun right now dont you? you already met up with the guy and made the exchange correct?

1377x

small world
congrats on the new rig a very nice looking rig
closed mouths dont get fed

Joshua A

yeah thats a good buy bro, i'd like to have a few more myself...lol

mr007s

Quote from: Joshua A on April 10, 2011, 04:30:03 AM
no those are custom shop grips actually. you do have the gun right now dont you? you already met up with the guy and made the exchange correct?

The owner thinks they are by Rick. One thing for sure, they are much better looking and fitting than the custom grips on my 2300. I will pull them off today and see if they are signed anywhere.

packrat

The YELLOW CLASSIFIED is a great place for buying/selling !!!! Probably the best in the US !!!! I visit it at least twice daily..In fact, I had started to buy that very gun,,but was able to hold off the urge :D :D  I think it's a heckuva good deal!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your new toy..I bet you like it ;) ;) ;)

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

zoned

Those aren't Rick's grips I'm 100% certain. They look exactly like Keith's grips. Just because they came from the custom shop doesn't mean they were made by Crosman. Crosman routinely sells grips from Ralph Brown(RB Grips) on their custom shop guns so I would guess they may do the same with some of Keith's as well.

eric

don't think they came from crosman he states expensive grips($75) and they do look like keith's
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses