HDD for the #2240

Started by oletom, April 11, 2011, 02:57:03 PM

oletom

I know I have seen the HDD (hammer debouncer) some where here  but am unable to find it...anyone can help please......thanks in advance

quickster47 †

Only place I've seen them for sale is Airguns of Arizona.  Look on the left side under Crosman, then under Custom Parts.

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

oletom

thanks carl,,,,,,u feel that they are worth the 20 bucks?

1377x

a lot of people say they are worth it
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Quote from: oletom on April 11, 2011, 03:16:54 PM
thanks carl,,,,,,u feel that they are worth the 20 bucks?

Personally, I do think they are worth it although there have been lots of mixed reviews about them.  For me, I did and do get more shots per powerlet using a HDD and as a plus feature, the HDD will actually make your gun quieter.

I wish they were not so expensive because some times it is hard to justify $20 for that little piece of plastic tube.  If they were $10 they would sell four times as many in my opinion.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bdb12586

Carl, is it made out regular plastic?
What kind of additional shot count do you get?
I made one the other day out of a piece of rigid ¼ plastic tube, I   can’t tell for sure if it works or not. Doesn’t seem any quieter but sounds crisper. Don’t know about shot count didn’t keep track. I’m way to cheep to spend $20 on one.

mr007s

I have made several from  white nylon, seem to be working well.

tatsumi

I did my own thing on my as2250xt, 6mm air tube pipe at 6mm long inserted into the hammer spring. Made that funny noise the spring makes stop and up'ed my shot count up to around 25+ shots. I would like to give one a try but at $20 im happy with my method.

AA S200 MK2 .22 multishot, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 IR with Decimeater Moderator
AS2250XT custom .22, Hawke 2-7x32 AO IR with UK Neil Shroud
2240 custom .22, Hawke RD30SR with Porky Moderator

dicktracey

just courious has anybody tried HDD on pumper? Could possibly get multiple shots from say 10 pumps.
Smooth Twist Barrel Technology

It Is What It Is, Because It Is

Dick Tracey

arkmaker †

I made some yesterday out of Delrin AF. Still need the hole drilled and to be sloted. I had originally thought this would be my miracle material, but now I am not so sure. I think it is still to hard. Only time will tell. The last one I made out of white delrin is still holding up  :-*
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

mr007s

Rich, I didn't machine the slot on mine. After the hole was located and drilled I stood it up and used an Exacto knife and sliced it. Working good so far. i can't say the slot is all that important.

arkmaker †

Quote from: mr007s on April 19, 2011, 02:22:20 AM
Rich, I didn't machine the slot on mine. After the hole was located and drilled I stood it up and used an Exacto knife and sliced it. Working good so far. i can't say the slot is all that important.

Actually, that is how I did it too. I used my dremel with a 1/8" drill bit and did the hole first, then cut the angled slot with the exacto. Works Slick. I should try out the Delrin AF tonight, but I think it will be to brittle.
RIch
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bdb12586

the 1/4" tube I used seemed to work good for about 60/70 shots then the hole that the hammer pin goes in ripped out and I had to take it apart to remove it. I can see that it would be nice to have if it were like $5 but I'm not spendin 20. so If I can't find a material to hold up I'm just going to skip it, sooooo if you have something that is holding up that I don't need to turn in a lathe let me know so I can give it a try.
brian

mr007s

I found some 5/16" OD white nylon at work that I used. It did need some lathe work for turning to .260 or so and drilling and parting off.