Barrel length 2240

Started by rittah, April 17, 2011, 05:48:52 PM

rittah

Sorry I am posting again but the hacker attack killed the last one and I didn't have a chance to read the lastest on my question.
so was thinking of the 10 inch barrel but then some one said 14 would give more fps and accruacy. I would like to split the different can go with 12 inch. what do you all think? I don't want the gun too long but still want a happy medium to plink and small pests.

bdb12586

I had a 6" ldc on my stock barrel which gave me an overall 12" was a little to long for my tast. I think as far as comfort goes 10" is a pretty good number for me. Anything longer and I think of it as a carbine. my 2 cents

packrat

Longer length won't help the accuracy, but WILL give you increased fps ;)

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

rittah

Any idea how much more fps the 12 inch will add?  Is it so much a inch?

quickster47 †

From what you currently have the usual gain is somewhere wound 10 FPS per inch.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

rittah

Oh wow that is pretty good. After this I guess the trigger will
Be upgraded next.

oletom

not sure of all the mods ur doing to ur 2240.....I have bout as much as u can do with the 12gram co2....I have a 12" barrel(14" on the way)my velocitys are in the 570fps range. My only problem is I'm blowing lots of co2 out the barrel, so I am going try the 14'' to see if it helps....far as accuracy the 12" is good.....it will only be as good as ur trigger... I thought my trigger job was good but not good enough....15yds bout 1" groups restin on a bag