Best red dot and/or laser for Crosman pumpers?

Started by Noah, April 18, 2011, 07:24:30 AM

Noah

As the subject reads, what are the better and more stable red dot and/or laser attachments for my Crosman pumpers? I have read a bit but would rather hear it from the experts  ;)

Thanks again for all you cats do and stuff-
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Nate

if you want a red dot i would first install a metal breech, the clampo on mounts are ok but i wouldnt choose them over a breech. any red dot that will mount on a dovetail base will work, or yoiu can buy one for a weaver rail and get an adapter. i like the centre point red dots, and some of the leapers stuff, they are very durable. or you can go with what i have one my bullpup, get an ACOG replica (you can get them 4x with a red dot on top or just an acog look alike that is a red dot) the only thing about them is they are a little expensive. but not only do they look awesome, they are EXTREMELY durable. as for lasers, i dont know much about them but i know there are some people here who do

mammocked

Hi I have got red dot and laser. I find the red dot
very good for about 15 meters in doors, on a reflex holo.
I have a 25mm red dot scope with plenty of adjustment
to make bright for out door use. I have a Crosman laser
Pistol sight which is fantastic once zeroed in,
great shooting, but takes the skill out of target practice.
I think both have there uses.

62Falcon

I'm using the Crosman barrel mounts for my Barska red dot sight since it does not weigh very much. At 10 meters I can bust dimes all day long! Over 500 shots so far without any problems what so ever! A steel breech is nice, but not necessary unless you want to mount a heavy glass scope.

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

mr007s

Quote from: Noah on April 18, 2011, 07:24:30 AM
As the subject reads, what are the better and more stable red dot and/or laser attachments for my Crosman pumpers? I have read a bit but would rather hear it from the experts  ;)

Thanks again for all you cats do and stuff-

Better? Ummmm, that is very subjective. I do have an opinion based on ownership of 4, each different.

1-Mueller, has multiply user selective dot sizes and 11 intensities. Very nice looking and easy to see outside or inside.30 mm tube I believe.
2-Bushnell Trophy, has 4 different reticles, two colors, and multiple brightness levels. Smaller tube than the Mueller and looks nice on the 1377
3-Hawke, only one dot size 3moa I believe, multiple brightness settings. I have very hard time using it in bright sun. Very large diameter tube.
4-BSA, came with a 2240 I purchased. Multiple brightness levels with a 5 moa dot size. Works outside or inside but 5 moa is a little large for my eyes, also seems to have some parallax issues.

Out of the 4 I would buy another Bushnell or Mueller, don't know about the other two unless the price was great. Hope to pick up the ACOG clone someday and see how I like it.