whats your motivation

Started by tatsumi, April 19, 2011, 12:26:26 AM

arkmaker †

50 cal is cool, but having an area to shoot it is the key! Can barely shoot a pellet gun in Jacksonville and the only way to shoot PB's is to go to a range or gunshop with an indoor range. Not so much fun indoors with firearms. Just to darn loud and a 50 cal would be out of the question! One of the guys I work with bouth a 50 cal revolver! Looks like a clown gun, it is so big. Even the place where he bought it would not allow him to fire it inside. He ended up going to the outdoor range. Now I would love to be able to start an indoor airgun range here in Jacksonville. Problem is money, but I digress and have brought this way off topic.........sorry,
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

tatsumi

No off topic here rich :-* appart from reading what people have been upto with their crosmans its also nice to here whats behind it all :)

AA S200 MK2 .22 multishot, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 IR with Decimeater Moderator
AS2250XT custom .22, Hawke 2-7x32 AO IR with UK Neil Shroud
2240 custom .22, Hawke RD30SR with Porky Moderator

bdb12586

Quote from: woody67 on April 19, 2011, 09:09:30 PM
See, I wouldn't. I can't walk past my guns without picking them up and giving the trigger a squeeze. Sometimes I find myself loading a pellet without realizing that I have nothing to shoot at, in which case it ends up being fired into a pellet trap box or a piece of 'testing' wood.

I take breaks from work during the day to shoot 5 or 10 pellets every so often--it's like my cigarette break I guess ???

I would want to shoot at targets a mile away every single day if I had a firearm like that around. That's why I leave them at the Farm upstate NY...600 acres of mountains in the adirondacks---plenty of room to shoot with noone around to bother!
600 acres of mountians that must be sweet. didn't know you were from ny. I'm from orange county ny.

woody67

Yes, I'm from Westchester --Rye, actually. My place upstate is a little less than an hour north of Lake George. It's an awesome place; we even have a Sugar House that an aunt an uncle use to make maple syrup in the spring. They used to anyway  - They had a baby, and -- no more syrup!

No electricity, except for a generator for lights to read by for a few hours at night. Woodburning stoves, kerosene lamps and lanterns, a good old fashioned well pum on the front porch with a ladle hanging on the back for when you come back from a walk in the woods or working in the fields to grab a cold guzzle of fresh water...two barns, a couple of ponds, all the red squirrels in the world to shoot (they destroy the barns!), dirt roads, tractors, fishing, hiking, trails, animal watching, etc..... best place on earth.   

I spent my summers there growing up when my grandparents would stay there for the summer. Actually it's where I learned to shoot... hmm, maybe that's where my interest stems from!

arkmaker †

I grew up in northern Ct where there was still some forest and primo lakes. When we got a bit older and started to drive, a bunch of us hit the Catskils frequently. Just a fantastic place to fish and camp. We would also hit the White Mountains of NH. If there is such a thing as falling in love with a place, well I did with lakes region of NH. Ended up moving there, enjoying hunting pheasant and fishing the smaller lakes and streams. I used to hike in the spring, summer and fall and cross country ski in the winter. I could head out at 6 in the morning and never see another person all day! I sure do miss that kind of solitude  :-* City life........ughhhhh sucks!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

NorthStaR

Quote from: tatsumi on April 19, 2011, 08:29:25 PM
Dune, classic film and my fav closely followed by patton and "the thing".
I find it interesting that you US guys are into airguns as much as you are haveing pritty much what you want at your finger tips, a .50 cal sniper rifle would be on the list for sure but I guess constraints hit us all in different ways and state to state laws sound very confusing. Crosman seem to have got it right for all backgrounds,keep it up!

'The Thing" is also one of my all time favourites too.

On the 50 cal, you can shoot one of them at Bisley gun club. I think its the only place in the UK you can as they are the only place with a long enough range! I keep thinking about that vid of the guy with the ricochet 50 cal that clips his head!  ;D

Quote from: woody67 on April 19, 2011, 09:09:30 PM
That's why I leave them at the Farm upstate NY...600 acres of mountains in the adirondacks---plenty of room to shoot with noone around to bother!

I have a 3 x 2 metre balcony.  :(
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

woody67

Bring it to the farm...we can use it as a backstop!!!

Crosshairs

Well like most of us i started shooting very young i would say 6 or 8 years old,also as a kid i love to take stuff apart and put them back together.At age 11 i won my first shooting contest in the Boy Scouts.My Dad always had some kind of BB gun and we would shoot often.As i got older i wanted to start shooting the real thing,joined a gun club and shot 3 to 4 times a week made my own ammo and did all the work on my guns from triggewr jobs to barrel changes.After i retred in 2006 i went back to work at another place so i could get another pention.But i injured my back very bad after 2 years of working there.Now with a bad back the recoil on most of my guns would kill my back,what to do ? i dug up all my old airguns and started to repair the guns that need it.I had 15 guns that i had not shot in a long time, most of them needed something.Then i found this site and the mods begain.
                                                    Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!