Interesting 88gram tank stamping

Started by arkmaker †, April 19, 2011, 02:45:10 PM

arkmaker †

I'm a little thick to catch on I guess  :P
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

NorthStaR

Quote from: woody67 on April 19, 2011, 05:05:56 PM
The scuba guys know what they're doing. They know that if they give you a quality product, you'll be coming back for more!
:P ;D hahahaha
Many divers go belly up from contaminated air fills. It also ruins the bottle cert and needs a seriously expensive service too.
Some of them won't be able to come back for more..... but I know you were only joking about!  ;) 
BTW I'm a certified Rescue Diver  :-*

Quote from: arkmaker on April 19, 2011, 04:29:15 PM
I painted this one black, but I figure that it will chip easy! I need to get a batch of stuff together for Powder Coating so I can justify the cost.
Theres a product sold for diving gear, specifically for coating lead weights for your belt but also sold for boats et cetera
called "Plastikote". You can buy tins of it or spray cans. With the tins you dip your product, repeating for extra coats.
Very long lasting and they do it in black. Might be worth a looksy?!

Funny thing is this site for the US market concentrates on cars n' stuff:
http://www.plastikote.com/index.jsp
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

woody67

Quote from: NorthStaR on April 20, 2011, 05:11:33 PM
Many divers go belly up from contaminated air fills. It also ruins the bottle cert and needs a seriously expensive service too.
Some of them won't be able to come back for more..... but I know you were only joking about!  ;) 
BTW I'm a certified Rescue Diver  :-*

1.   That is awesome that you are a certified Rescue Diver.
2.   That is amazing that contaminated air fills happen. What a crappy way to go.

**Turns out those Scuba guys aren't the good ones. You need to get the mexican air for your tanks if you want the really good stuff!!   ;D :D ;D

tinker

I was wondering why not powder coat the empty 88 gram cylinder.  Loads of colors and textures to choose from to give more bling.  Also a bit more durable that paint.  I know a bunch more work to get it powder coated though.
Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

arkmaker †

Powder Coating is the way to go, but I need a few more things to make it worth wild money wise. Then again, I have 2 88gram cart, a 9oz, a trigger frame that is screaming to be redone, an LDC. If I make a few more air strippers, I guess I will be about there and can justify the cost. My PC'r goes by the lot of same color. I'm thinking BLACK.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22