Interesting 88gram tank stamping

Started by arkmaker †, April 19, 2011, 02:45:10 PM

arkmaker †

I stripped off the label of the 88 gram carts I bought from WalMart. These were not Crosman Air Source, but some off brand called Impact. Well at half the cost, I figured I had nothing to loose. Now I want to paint the tank black to match the rest of the gun.

What I found under the label was "CROSMAN" roll stamped into the tube. Makes me think it could be one of two things; Crosman makes an off brand for WalMart or 2) the off brand manufacturer has stamped the tube so they know what it is in inventory??

Has or Can anyone looked under an Air Source label to see if there is a stamp like this? It is followed by 2 sets of numbers which look to be the date: 01 11
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Nate

that is very interesting, unfortunatly i cannot help you because i only buy the crosman brand 88gs
i wonder if some of the other brands like walther have the same thing.  ???

arkmaker †

Quote from: Nate on April 19, 2011, 02:58:20 PM
that is very interesting, unfortunatly i cannot help you because i only buy the crosman brand 88gs
i wonder if some of the other brands like walther have the same thing.  ???

That's what I was asking. Does the "Crosman brand" have the stamping??
Thanks,
Rich

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

woody67

Will you be refilling them?

I'm only wondering because you are painting them.

arkmaker †

I am going to try to refill usig the adapter that Bentong turned me on to! I found the package that they came in. I think they are re-labeled AirSource carts. They are by Gameface Paintball and are located in Bloomfeild NY. That's where Crosman is, right??

Rich

Bentong

Quote from: arkmaker on April 19, 2011, 03:00:56 PM
That's what I was asking. Does the "Crosman brand" have the stamping??
Thanks,
Rich

Crosman is stamped "CROSMAN 12 09"
My black ones I got from ebay are 4 oz, .75" longer is stamped "USS.ORM-D"

woody67

Yes, Crosman is in Bloomfield. Maybe they sell their products to other companies as well, so they can sell it under their name.

It makes sense, since Crosman isn't really into the "individual customer" business ---they have to make their money somewhere!

The refillable option for the 88gram is great. You don't have to waste your money on those stupid tanks, and you don't have to bulk up your gun too much with a huge tank...

arkmaker †

Quote from: Bentong on April 19, 2011, 04:12:14 PM
Crosman is stamped "CROSMAN 12 09"
My black ones I got from ebay are 4 oz, .75" longer is stamped "USS.ORM-D"

Thanks guys!
Alrighty then, mystery solved. I think we can assume that the Visual Impact 88 gram tanks are made by Crosman for paintballers and or Walmart. Could have been a way to justify making the tanks available to Walmart for less money without risking the high profile name of thier AirSource trademark tanks.

On another note, I will need to do a search for this 4oz tanks. Bigger, but not to big. I painted this one black, but I figure that it will chip easy!
I need to get a batch of stuff together for Powder Coating so I can justify the cost.

1377x

QuoteI painted this one black, but I figure that it will chip easy!
use black primer,i find it very durable
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

A while back I bought a couple, or maybe 10 is a better number, of the Walther 88g CO2 bottles.  Will look under the labels and see what I can find.  Could be interesting.  I will say this, I do find the CO2 in the Walther bottles to be much cleaner than what is in the AirSource bottles.  I know this by looking at the fittings when I change bottles.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

Quote from: quickster47 on April 19, 2011, 04:56:19 PM
A while back I bought a couple, or maybe 10 is a better number, of the Walther 88g CO2 bottles.  Will look under the labels and see what I can find.  Could be interesting.  I will say this, I do find the CO2 in the Walther bottles to be much cleaner than what is in the AirSource bottles.  I know this by looking at the fittings when I change bottles.

Carl

this isnt about co2.when i filled my gun from paintball shop air ,the gun wasnt as powerful it was with scuba shop air ??? ???
closed mouths dont get fed

woody67

Quote from: 1377x on April 19, 2011, 05:01:04 PM
this isnt about co2.when i filled my gun from paintball shop air ,the gun wasnt as powerful it was with scuba shop air ??? ???

That's the problem with the paintball shop guys --they're always cutting their product so they can sell more of it. Mixing all types of gasses in and what-not.

The scuba guys know what they're doing. They know that if they give you a quality product, you'll be coming back for more!

:P ;D hahahaha

arkmaker †

Co2 is Co2.....right?? Now, compressed air I can understand, but let's talk a bit more about the Co2 gas mixing. Never heard of such a thing. ???
Rich

Crosshairs

I just checked yes the crosman brand 88gr carts does have the same stamp.
                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

woody67

Quote from: arkmaker on April 19, 2011, 06:52:50 PM
Co2 is Co2.....right?? Now, compressed air I can understand, but let's talk a bit more about the Co2 gas mixing. Never heard of such a thing. ???
Rich

It was a joke ---- like other business entities, where they cut their 'product' so they have more to sell..... it was a joke about the scuba guys vs. the paintball guys. It was stupid. I apologize.