2300t sight problem update.

Started by Sardine, April 22, 2011, 03:23:11 AM

Sardine

Here's what happened. I removed the top srew that is the elevation adjuster. Punched out the roll pin at the front end of the sight and removed the sight. Be careful here that you do not lose the pin and the two small springs under the top of the sight. I just left out the springs and the pin and put the sight back on with just that one screw holding it down. I had to shim that screw with a washer, actually I used an o ring that fit down in the hole where the screw goes and it also fit the screw shank. This is because the sight is lower now and the screw hit the bottom of the threaded hole before the screw was as far down as it wanted to go. I'd rather use a washer if I can find one small enough to fit in the screw hole and fit the screw shank too. It shoots pretty close to level now instead of 1 inch high. I may file off a few more thousands some day to make it perfect. That gap at the bottom back of the sight is about half what it was. Thanks for all the suggestions. Since the previous main post was deleted I figured I'd let you all know the outcome.

quickster47 †

Not quite sure what exactly you did but regardless, I'm glad that it fixed your sight problem.  If I remember correctly your LPA sight was running out of elevation adjustment and you could not get it sighted in.  And it was this way since you purchased it.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Sardine

Yes, that was it. Mine and my buddies both shoot 1 inch high with the elevation screw all the way down so that it will shoot as low as it can but still it was not low enough. I removed the top of the sight, not at the dovetail, and just took out two springs and removed the roll pin that anchored the top of the sight to the dovetail assembly then I put it back together without the pin or the springs, just the elevation screw holding it on now. That lowered the point of impact almost perfectly. I e-mailed Crosman about this Monday but they haven't responded yet.  I'll wait a few more days then call them just to see what they have to say about the sight problem. They must know about it?

quickster47 †

Below I have posted a picture of the two different front sights that Crosman offers.  As you can see, the taller front sight post is supposed to be the one that comes with the 2300S and 2300T if you get the Williams rear sight.

Check yours and see which one you have and then contact Crosman of you have the wrong part.  The Crosman part number shown for this sight is 2300-028.

Hope this helps.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †