General pellet recomendation for a 1377?

Started by Capt. Thomas, April 22, 2011, 12:46:09 PM

Capt. Thomas

Hi fellas,

Yes I know this could be a "pandoras box" question, but generaly speaking as far a standard plinking and maybe a hollow point pellet goes, what do the 1377 seem to like? I'll be doing general shooting (no precission paper punching) and would like to order a few tin's to be shipped with the 2 1377's I'm going to order tomorrow from PA.

Thanks1

Capt. Thomas   
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

woody67

I like the Crosman Premier Hollow Points. They're decent...i get precision accuracy out of them, although sometimes they are a bit dirty - easy to wash though-

Best of all, they're cheap..which is good, because I can go through a tin of 500 in a weekend  :-*

quickster47 †

The Crosman hollow points are pretty good.  Basically the same as the Ultra magnum but with a hollow point.  And hate to say it but one thing about them is WalMart carries them most of the time.  Now I know there are lots of anti WalMart folks here but the basic facts are, and the truth is, WalMart has them and has them cheaper.

I tend to keep a couple thousand of them around because they always shoot pretty darned good in most of my guns.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

I like the RWS 10 Match they are the best pellet for the 1377,of all the different pellets i have tryed they make the smallest group. :-*
                                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

JMJinNC

My refurbed PC77 came with a tin of Remington domed 7.9g pellets that gave 10m groups smaller than CPHP pellets. It's my pellet of choice for now.

JMJ
John

mr007s

I have not found a pellet that didn't shoot well from mine as long as the distance was 10 meters or less. I am speaking about lead not the non lead. Those were not good at all.

The CPHP group well but the holes in the paper targets are hard to score.
Poly Mags are very nice but the most expensive I buy.
The Hobbys, wad cutters, do very well
FTT's, domed shoot well in my pistols and rifle but, like the CPHP, holes are hard to score
The Remington's that came free also were good, they got shot up really fast and I am out of those.

1377x

another vote cphp great general pellet in my guns
if you want to punch paper get some wad cutters anything else cphp(cheap route) or cp's.
closed mouths dont get fed

62Falcon

I've shot Daisy wad cutters, Crosman wad cutters, Gamo wad cutters, RWS Basic wad cutters, Beeman hollow points, Gamo pointed, Gamo domed, and Gamo hollow pointed pellets in my 1377. Whew! All of them shoot pretty good, but I like the RWS Diabolo Basic wad cutters the best. They are cheap and very accurate. Oh, the Daisy wad cutters were the worst, many fliers.

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

Nate

i use crosman pellets in all my guns, including my 1377 bullpup and i get very good accuracy out of them, offhand quater sized groups at 15-20 yds

Capt. Thomas

Then Crosman pellets it shall be....... if I can find a conpany that will ship USPS too me :-( PA just flat turned me down for $200 order because of where I'm stationed and ther dumb ^$$ shipping policy.

Capt Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

Crosshairs

Quote from: Capt. Thomas on April 22, 2011, 07:48:36 PM
Then Crosman pellets it shall be....... if I can find a conpany that will ship USPS too me :-( PA just flat turned me down for $200 order because of where I'm stationed and ther dumb ^$$ shipping policy.

Capt Thomas   I would get a few different pellet types set your target at the distance that you will be shooting most, take ten shots with each one
the one that makes the best group is the pellet for you for that gun.All guns will shoot pellets different and we all shot different. So what shoots good in my gun might not shoot good in yours and that can be because of the different way each of shoot.
                                    Mike                                                                   
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

eric

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

burnt09

Crosman Competition wadcutters. They are accurate and very inexpensive, ($3/250). Can't you have pellets shipped to you in a "care" package from home? My wife used to ship goodies to me in Vietnam. Don't see why she couldn't pack some pellets with the beef jerky and cookies!  ;-)

arkmaker †

Quote from: burnt09 on April 25, 2011, 04:22:13 AM
Crosman Competition wadcutters. They are accurate and very inexpensive, ($3/250). Can't you have pellets shipped to you in a "care" package from home? My wife used to ship goodies to me in Vietnam. Don't see why she couldn't pack some pellets with the beef jerky and cookies!  ;-)

X2 for me
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Capt. Thomas

Quote from: burnt09 on April 25, 2011, 04:22:13 AM

I have a brother in Texas but he is hard to get in touch with since he travels a lot, other than that I don't have any family state side anymore.

Capt. Thomas
Capt. James Thomas