Hooded Site

Started by arkmaker †, April 23, 2011, 02:30:14 AM

arkmaker †

Just finished a hooded site. Try to find one! I was asking all over the place for one and now that I have finished a couple of them, I will find 100 of them! Just the way it goes!! One of these is heading to a friend in Tennessee (hey, I don;t know how to spell it). Once I figured out what to needed to be done to make it come out right, it wasn't to bad. The first one found its way into the trash can, but did serve its purpose as a Research & Development prototype  ;D

Here is a couple of pictures. I'm thinking maybe a little smaller diameter next time, but I will wait for some feedback first.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

Man I hate to say it, but that looks perfect.  Great job arkmaker...  :-* :-* :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

nice job! :-*
if you dont find a 100 now you can make a 100
closed mouths dont get fed

62Falcon

Looks good. Can you put a fiber optic inside it? Just kidding.

~Falcon
Crosman 1377C - 1399 Stock - Barska 30mm RDS

arkmaker †

Quote from: 62Falcon on April 23, 2011, 06:24:55 AM
Looks good. Can you put a fiber optic inside it? Just kidding.

~Falcon

No No, I think it would be a Great Mod. That is what I wanted to do, but the new fiber optic sites do not have the side grooves. So I would need to add them. Someday maybe!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Nate

good job Rich! i was thinking of making one a while back for on eof my guns but decided not to, does it effect the sight picture at all??

arkmaker †

Quote from: Nate on April 23, 2011, 04:45:12 PM
good job Rich! i was thinking of making one a while back for on eof my guns but decided not to, does it effect the sight picture at all??

Maybe a little. Sort of makes you think inside the tube. Kinda like blinders for a horse (or in my case a horses a$$)  ;D

But it does help me to focus!
Rich

Crosshairs

I like that, i think i got that a hood like that with one of my guns but cant remember witch one. ???
                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 24, 2011, 05:03:42 AM
I like that, i think i got that a hood like that with one of my guns but cant remember witch one. ???
                            Mike

The SSP-250 is supposed to have the hooded site since it was originally intended for silhouette shooting.  It slips off and on and comes off way too easy.  My hood was missing and they are almost nonexistent in the after market gun market world.  That's why we end up making them.

Another very difficult part to find for the SSP-250 is the loading gate.  At least those with two ears.  I have a couple that both have one broken ear.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †