looking for opinions

Started by om6acw, May 18, 2011, 08:50:33 PM

om6acw

Hi there,
so all my 2240 parts arrived yesterday so I spend night putting it together and now my 2240 carbine is done, I'm working on my PAL and I'm keeping it as <500FPS non PAL air gun but in the future with the PAL I want it to be PAL rated HPA/PCP air rifle with self indexing quick shot breech. So what other parts should I start collecting for this conversion? I'm not going for power, preferring accuracy.
Open for suggestions.
Thanks
Ondrej

packrat

High-flow valve, longer barrel (possibly), tank block, 13 cu.in. HPA bottle,(0r 22), flow-thru bolt, power adjuster, self-indexing breech, just to name the main ones :-* (NOTE:These are going to dramatically reduce your bank account, be advised :o :o ) Good luck  with the build!! Do some research reading here...there are L-O-T-S of guys here that have done the HPA conversion(s) and are very eager to help you,, so don't worry about that--Plenty of knowledge here about Crosman22XXseries pistols/rifles....

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

om6acw

ooo man my bank account is crying already, I have in this one close to $1,000.00  :o :o so who cares I don't drink or smoke so that's my excuse  :-* I spent over 8 hours in Crosman 22XX - Technical section but tell you truth Im not any smarter, too many information at really short amount of time combined with my dyslexia .........
I should probably also say what I already have on it, so here is the list:
Crosman Adjustable Trigger Spring
Brass Safety Bar/Switch for Crosman
Brass Muzzle Brake
Brass End Plug for Crosman Steel Breech
Brass Tube End Cap    
Woodward Adjustable Sear
Crosman Brass Co2 Cap    
Genuine Crosman .177cal Steel Breech Kit
Crosman .177 caliber 24" barrel
Crosman Outdoorsman stock

From what I understand to have it registered as PAL air rifle it need to have tube from 2250/60 or discovery and then moded for HPA, I kinda prefer look of the bottle under the barrel but everything depends on parts I would be able get here in canada.....
Ondrej

packrat

Of the 2 choices of air tube...I'd recommend using the 2250  because of the location of the "roll-stamped" area" being a lot further to the rear....MUCH better for HPA.

om6acw

I have to eliminate 2240 and 2250 tubes for PAL rated >500fps air gun because I just read somewhere on the net they would be considered as restricted firearm here in Canada, so my only options are 2260 or discovery, right now I'm looking for some pictures of them because I cannot find any information if they are directly replaceable or some modification are needed. 
Ondrej

eric

not quite sure of what you're asking but the disco tube is prepped and ready for co2 or HPA .
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

om6acw

Quote from: eric on May 19, 2011, 08:45:59 PM
not quite sure of what you're asking but the disco tube is prepped and ready for co2 or HPA .

Hi Eric,
my question was if tube (2240/2250/2260) can be replaced by Discovery tube without modifications because discovery has a different trigger frame and I cant find out if all predrilled holes will align with my parts from 2240
Ondrej

eric

you should be ok using the disco tube and a 13xx/2xxx series grip frame and trigger --- plenty of folks have built a disco pistol and had good results ---- folks have also cut down the tube and threaded the end with good reusults for a shorter tube ,that would of course lower your shot count 
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Plasticman

You need to crony that pistol as it will be shooting close to 500 fps now. I have a similar gun and mine is very close.

om6acw

yes, I did test it on chrony and average is 485 :-* max was 493fps with new CO2 cartridge, 27°C and RWS Meisterkugeln 8.2 gr pellets
Ondrej

om6acw

finally I was able to locate pictures what inspires me get 2240 ;) so here is my inspiration and hopefully my will look same  :-*

I would like to finished it with QB79 tank block kit and then I'm done with modding it !
Ondrej

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

packrat

Beautiful gun..I have ALWAYS liked the looks of the wood on those!!!! Going HPA with tank block, bottle etc,etc,etc, will most certainly improve the performance, BUT IMHO will sure "take away" from the good looks of the gun, compared to what it looks like now!!!

om6acw

I hope I would be able to put something together and not destroyed beauty of this gun, I kind a like what treerathunter did with one of his
Ondrej

arkmaker †

Quote from: om6acw on May 23, 2011, 04:34:57 PM
I hope I would be able to put something together and not destroyed beauty of this gun, I kind a like what treerathunter did with one of his

O man, o man o man!! Why on earth I didn't buy one last Christmas time when they were on sale at the Crosman site??? Oh, yeah....Grandkids, kids and wifey's presents came first, leaving me broke.  I will get one sooner or later and that cheeck rest is the bomb!!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22