More bad news ...2260 is history!

Started by arkmaker †, May 24, 2011, 01:29:50 AM

arkmaker †

Just over on the Green and read that the 2260 is not being made any more  :(
Anyone else hear this? no longer on PA's website (2260SE is still there). Also says Out of Stock on the Crosman site.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

Yes it is a sad day for us Crosmaniacs.  Still not sure what Crosman is up to these days.  My mole has not sent me any data in several weeks.  Time to increase his salary I guess...

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

Merging with Remmington made the future of Crosman a crap shoot! They are not good partners. Still have not re-opened a "Marlin factory", only sucked them up into thier existing factory lines. So what your buying these days is a Remmington and not a Marlin IMHO. Nothing but contempt for Remmington, sorry for the vent!  :-X
Rich

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

NorthStaR

Has anyone asked and got a response from Crosman as to why they are discontinueing so many cherished models?

At this rate the third party makers will have to step up to fill the gap being created from lack of guns!
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

eric

i didn't ask but yes they discontinuing the 1760 and the 2260
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Crosshairs

I guess the three guns crosman don't make any more will be classics some day. ??? Hope they are makeing something to replace them.  :-*
                   Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Joshua A

thats really a shame. Now I feel like I need to buy one real quick before they're gone everywhere lol.

J.Austin

NorthStaR

It seems they're going more and more down the PCP, cheap springers and BB plastic pistol route?

I prefer airguns that still look like airguns rather than a semi auto bb copycats.

Whats odd to me is, in the UK, your more likely to be shot by the police with a lookalike and probably see
them used in holdups more so. Why make something harder to distinguish - even if its a nosy neighbor that spots it.

Not that the (UK) fuzz would think twice about if its an airgun or not, it just isn't policy to find out and I don't blame them!  ;D

I'm guessing crosman make more cash from plastic mass production pieces Versus metal/wood pieces? Greed perhaps in the current climate.

I wonder if Crosman ever announce new management joining the company?
Has some new bellend come up with a poor business plan and an exotic chart for the Big Suits to cluck to $$$ ?

CROSMAN - WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

I imagine 20 years ago if the internet was as it is today, we would be having the same conversation about Mk1's and 600's!  ;D ;D ;D

Next thing you know 12g co2 carts won't be made anymore!  :o

Rant over....I feel better  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Joshua A

I couldn't agree more man, I don't like the direction they're heading either. These companies are going to take the fun out of it if they only start to offer extremely cheap plastic toys OR extremely expensive pcp guns...I just dont understand why these large companies cant realize that by chipping away a few pennies here and there they will lose more in the long run when people lose interest. people like wood and metal not plastic...

quickster47 †

It is very difficult to remember that we here on this forum and other forums that cater to Crosman and other airguns comprise a minuscule amount of the Crosman business.  And while they do read these forums occasionally they probably don't pay too much attention to us because we are such a small part of their bottom line.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

eric

lets say their pcp's aren't really that expensive in the world of pcp and like carl said we on the forums are probably more in tuned with the airguns WE like and know verses the average joe who are crosman's bread and butter folks .
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

NorthStaR

Double-tap!

arkmaker †

the heck with it............I'm going to start my own AirGun company!! Now, to find the bankroll  ???

Joshua A

Maybe Carl will sell all of his guns. that should cover the start-up costs for a crosman-sized corporation. LOL J/K, I really have no Idea how many he has, I just assume it is quite a collection, based on everything i've read in hundreds of threads here.

J.Austin

Cross Pistol Packer

The makers of the QB78 (good copy of the Crosman 160)may be pulling apart a 2260 as I type....
Hope any of the guys at Crosman read our threads :)
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...