Refurb 1377C's for $29.95!

Started by Capt. Thomas, May 24, 2011, 02:38:54 AM

Capt. Thomas

My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

slothart

Wish the shipping was not so high... I want the older grip frame with the metal plate... must fight urge  :-X
Crosman: 1377carbine / Beeman: Tempest / Benjamin: P-Rod, 310 & 342 / Sheridan: Blue Streak & Blue Streak Steroid (both rockers) / AA TX200HC

quickster47 †

Quote from: slothart on May 24, 2011, 04:34:09 AM
I want the older grip frame with the metal plate... must fight urge  :-X 

If you want one of the older frames with metal plate I have one extra I can sell or trade.  Send me a PM if you're interested.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

tkerrigan

I ordered three the last go around, the shipping was the same for three as for one, about $14.
tkerrigan

Joshua A

If you order a frame from crosman you get the metal plate one I think. I just ordered 4 of them, and they said that they have the metal trigger cover... The girl i placed my order with didn't sound terribly knowledgeable about the parts, but I'm hoping she was right.

J.Austin

slothart

If you don't mind me asking, how much does Crosman charge for just the grip frame?

Thanks for the tip, too, btw.
Crosman: 1377carbine / Beeman: Tempest / Benjamin: P-Rod, 310 & 342 / Sheridan: Blue Streak & Blue Streak Steroid (both rockers) / AA TX200HC

Joshua A

they were 12$ and then the trigger covers were 5$ so 17$ a piece plus the screws. they said that the frame had the metal 2 screw trigger covers.

slothart

appreciate the info.

I like the idea of building a 22xx for myself completely from parts instead of modding an already built gun.  Looking at Cothran's site got me started on the idea... then I start totaling up the cost of the parts  :o and, well, I come to my senses  :(

Joshua A

yeah his parts are expensive. but you'll pay for quality, and that goes for anything, not just airpistol parts, lol. he's known for making some of the best available parts for these guns.
There are plenty of other ways to do it though. plenty of options. you could use steel crosman parts and just polish them to achieve the same type of look. will it rust in time though?? I don't know... maybe. I've struggled with the same decisions myself. It sure is tempting.
J.Austin