bolt hard to move.

Started by blarnold90, May 27, 2011, 01:14:26 AM

blarnold90

Question,i have a crosman brech on my 1322,and 2240.and when the top screw is tighten down.
the bolt is hard to move.back it off,and its fine.help!.
bob.

1377x

you need a shorter 8-32 screw
closed mouths dont get fed

packrat

Any chance that you somehow got the screws mixed up and put it the wrong guns ???

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.

blarnold90

No mix up.and i cut the bolts down.maybe i'll cut more off.and try that.but its like when i tighten the bolt down its warping the the breech.
bob.

1377x

make sure your bolt handle isnt screwed in to far
there has been some problems with that also
loosen your bolt handle a little see if it helps
closed mouths dont get fed

blarnold90

I'll check that out.thanks.time to lock up the shop now.so i'll check back in in the morning.as i said i my
introduction.i had my daughter,and 4 grand daughter at my house for a visit.well that truned it to being permanent for now.so no time for the computer at home.thanks bob.

blarnold90

thanks for all your help.
i just got this 2240 from pa wednesday at noon.took it out of the box,and took it apart to install the crosman breech.
when i got it back together is when i had the problem.so i cut the screw/bolt down.and reinstalled.thats when i called for
help!.so after reading your suggestions.i took it apart again to measure the screw length.then is saw it. the rear plug was
packed full of steel cuttings.clean the cap out.put the gun together.and the bolt worked fine.thought i better look the gun
over good.and i found the front site was off about 5 degrees to the right.i guess i have a friday or monday built gun.
thanks again bob.

Joshua A

do you have mellon power adjusters on your guns? what were the steel cuttings from. I have this same problem with both of my guns too, and have yet to find the solution. did you figure it out then? if so could you explain?

blarnold90

no power adjusters yet.this was a brand new gun.i would think the cuttings were not cleaned out after manufacturing.
the cuttings were rusted in the end cap.i had to dig them out,and then polish the inside of the cap.after that,the breech tighten
down correctly.and the bolt moved smooth.
bob.

Joshua A

Ok, I was just wondering, because I have the same problem with both of my guns (2240, 1322) and have not yet figured out the problem. both have been disassembled several times, cleaned etc etc.....I'm stumped

J.Austin

NorthStaR

If it were me I'd make a list of all the things I've changed and cross off things that aren't relative.
By deduction all that is left regardless how improbable must be the items in issue. Sounds a bit Spock eh??!  ;)

Examine each piece. Check for any burs/over extensions and maybe file any you think my hinder its performance.

I had to gently sand the inside of a breech recently (rough patches) and burs on the screw hole of the bolt (that the handle goes into)
to stop it catching on cocking. I also had a hollow probe which was catching on the breech screw counter sink - again a bur.

So if theres no burs, no catches then it must be either a part that is faulty (unlikely) or spring related.

I guess removing debris is the first thing however.

One other thing, if I can remember it - DAMN my minds gone blank! .......
Ah yes, when you load a pellet in does it goes in easily? I had a case with some RWS .177 that when I loaded them in, the bolt would
shear off a sliver from the pellets skirt. These in time (multiple loads) will build up debris and jam areas if not dealt with. Food for thought...
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

arkmaker †

Is the hammer pin upside down? I know, but just a thought.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

NorthStaR

Quote from: arkmaker on May 31, 2011, 06:47:06 PM
Is the hammer pin upside down? I know, but just a thought.
I wasn't sure f you were pulling my leg for a minute! Would it fit the wrong way round? Never tried - not that I want too!  ;D :D ;D

After rereading. Is it that you can pull the bolt but it doesn't lock back? Or it just won't move?

Either spring bind, a long breech screw catching the spring, sear over polished (if any or damaged) or the hammer is rounded off so it can't catch. But if it won't budge.... coud still be a long screw? Is it a plastic breech? Maybe simply overtigtened as previously mentioned.

Anyway....
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Joshua A

it cocks sometimes, but other times it feels like its gritty, and extremely hard to cock backward, and then sometimes it wont go back at all.....the handle has become bent slightly rearward because of this.. my 2240 has a crosman breech (steel, and my 1377 has a rj breech. I am receiving some new bolts soon from mellon. when I do, I will disassemble, examine and clean the parts. the hammer pin being upside down may be possible, but not sure, would have been kinda dumb of me to make that mistake lol, anyhow. I guess I'll just have to look everything over closely to find the problem. there would almost have to be some area somewhere that looks shiny and sheared.

J.Austin

P.S. I dindn't mean to hijack this thread, I apologize