Thank you packrat !!!!!

Started by dropshot, May 29, 2011, 08:39:20 PM

dropshot

Just have o say thanks ;) I googled 1377 safety spring and ball (do to loosing mine of course) and it brought me to an article from early last year. You had mentioned a shot gun shell bb and a disposable lighter spring. Works light a champ, and I still have some spring and plenty of bb's left over as I am sure it will happen again.

Thanks,
B-rad

DIAMOND

Quote from: dropshot on May 29, 2011, 08:39:20 PM
plenty of bb's left over

Thanks,
B-rad
Just a couple, right?  :o lol Fun to find simple fixes.  :)
[ IMG]http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac144/gungadin777/1377satinframeandsights12_cropped.jpg[/img]
Crosman 1377
Crosman 140 - .22 rifle, Dec. 1955
Crosman G1 Extreme - .177 rifle
Crosman 1600 - semi-auto bb

r8j1

Cant remember where I read it but, a suggestion I used was to glue the ball to the spring with crazy glue. The issue I had with the shot gun BB is that if you use lead shot it will wear do to being soft metal and over time could be an issue if you spring were to bind in the safety pin. Or maybe I'm just over thinking it.

dropshot

Quote from: r8j1 on June 01, 2011, 11:23:56 PM
Cant remember where I read it but, a suggestion I used was to glue the ball to the spring with crazy glue. The issue I had with the shot gun BB is that if you use lead shot it will wear do to being soft metal and over time could be an issue if you spring were to bind in the safety pin. Or maybe I'm just over thinking it.

that makes sense about the lead, but luckily the one I used was steel. ;)

DIAMOND

Quote from: dropshot on June 02, 2011, 12:26:05 AM
that makes sense about the lead, but luckily the one I used was steel. ;)
Yeah, that was going to be my suggestion...steel shot instead of lead shot.  :-*
[ IMG]http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac144/gungadin777/1377satinframeandsights12_cropped.jpg[/img]
Crosman 1377
Crosman 140 - .22 rifle, Dec. 1955
Crosman G1 Extreme - .177 rifle
Crosman 1600 - semi-auto bb

packrat

DROPSHOT----You're welcome...I was just passing on to you something that was passed on to me..  sorry, I should have mentioned to use "steel shot"  ..Anyhow, glad it worked out for ya, cool , huh? ;)

AA S410,FAC,.22,Carbine- 1740,10", "hot" valve-BIG FUN !-.177 TalonSS in BLUE
"HEY !! This gettin' old thing is NOT for sissies !"  -Packrat, Georgia, USA.