Cobra venom breech

Started by swfcrob, June 06, 2011, 05:07:23 PM

swfcrob

Hi

Was just woundering does anyone one have one these breechs, if so are they any good and would you recomend getting one and finally anyone know if they ship to the UK

cheers

Rob
Custom 2250,HPA king ratty,HPA 2250,1377 Carbine Rifle,Marshall/Crosman 761 XL,Crosman 766,TX200,HW100
TH78D Tuned,

quickster47 †

I have one of their first breeches and for me it works okay.  I had to do a wee bit of fiddling with mine, because it was one of the first, but now it loads and shoots good.

I think they are okay to buy now although the service from the vendor is a little bit lacking for communication.

Not sure if they ship to Europe.

Carl

You can see mine here: http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=3287.0

and here:  http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=3469.0

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

russo121

They dont ship to UK, but you can make an account with bundlebox.com which is a forwarding address in the USA. I have done just this as i am also in the UK. Still waiting for it tho and at the moment Cobra seem to be giving me the runaround by ignoring my emails, so i cant really recommend buying a thing from them at the moment. Its been 3 weeks now and the last mail i got from them was the 3rd of june stating they would be ready soon. All of my subsequent emails seem to have been ignored

Costs £15 to set up a bundlebox address if your wondering.

NorthStaR

I would be cautious before investing your money in one:

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php/topic,13453.msg114114.html#msg114114

And another thread here about them too:

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=3791.msg37251#msg37251

There's a JRA repeater breech available on GMAC's site which is a UK site and is almost 100% guaranteed to get to you in no time at all  :-*
- great service from Gordon at GMAC! The breech was sold out a couple of days ago but shoot him an email and keep your eyes peeled for more to arrive.

Its a better option for the breech if in the UK... IMHO. I don't like to support untrustworthy companies like Venom appear to be (more so transatlantic).  ???
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

quickster47 †

The only one I know of that does outstanding support for our brethren across the sea is "Quick's Airgun Brokerage".  :-*  :-* :-*

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

NorthStaR

It's true. I shop at "Quick's Airgun Brokerage" on a monthly basis. Fantastic friendly service. Internationally renowned!  :P

I can't recommend them enough! I'm even gonna see if they do a store card?  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

swfcrob

Quote from: NorthStaR on June 20, 2011, 01:39:40 PM

There's a JRA repeater breech available on GMAC's site which is a UK site and is almost 100% guaranteed to get to you in no time at all  :-*
- great service from Gordon at GMAC! The breech was sold out a couple of days ago but shoot him an email and keep your eyes peeled for more to arrive.

The GMAC breechs do look good but i have a new plan of getting a p-rod imported over once i have saved some money as ive just spent a lot on a crosmods project just waiting for a few bits then i can get it done :)
Custom 2250,HPA king ratty,HPA 2250,1377 Carbine Rifle,Marshall/Crosman 761 XL,Crosman 766,TX200,HW100
TH78D Tuned,

russo121

Yeah i noticed the gmac version, but was too late to get one of the first batch. Looks like i will try that one out instead, and just get my card refunded for the cobra one.

Got yours from gmac yet? Is it any good?

NorthStaR

Quote from: russo121 on June 21, 2011, 01:05:10 PM
Yeah i noticed the gmac version, but was too late to get one of the first batch. Looks like i will try that one out instead,
and just get my card refunded for the cobra one.

If Venom don't respond to your refund, and if you paid with VISA. You can phone Visa to reverse the transaction if Venom will not. (if they're awkward!)

Quote from: russo121 on June 21, 2011, 01:05:10 PM
Got yours from gmac yet? Is it any good?

I do have mine. It arrived from GMAC two days after purchasing. It's going on a base AS2250XT to make my version of a marauder of sorts!
I was skint at the time of purchasing and I need to order a particular barrel I have waiting for me. Then I need to get it sent to GMAC to be
modified to fit the breech. The breech is not an install & Go breech. With the right tools you could do it yourself - I don't have the right tools!  ;)

BUT, to look at, it appears very nicely/well made. Quickster and maybe a few others have them installed on QB78's so
maybe they could expand on the practical use of the breech? + & -'s

Cheers  :-*
Double-tap!

quickster47 †

I do have the QBMags repeater breech installed on my QB-78 and must say it is one fine addition to any gun.  Apart from needing your barrel modified to work with the breech, it is a straight forward install.  And the really cool thing is that it uses the readily available Marauder rifle magazines.  Only drawback is that your pellet consumption will increase.  It is just so easy to load up five magazines and go shooting.

After now having shot close to a 1000 pellets through this setup I can report that I have not had one problem with the breech jamming or getting stuck on me.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

zoned

Hey Carl,

Would a larger size paintball tank fit on that QB of yours? If so, is there a reason you prefer the skinny style tank over a larger one?

quickster47 †

The skinny tanks was for the simple reason that I have a full length shroud from RichInMich that fits on the barrel and when I have the shroud on the normal 13 ci 3000 psi HPA tanks will not fit.  There diameter is roughly 2".

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

zoned

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks Carl.

Crosshairs

That's one sweet looking gun Carl me like  :-*
                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!