test groups

Started by bauercrew, June 08, 2011, 01:32:14 AM

bauercrew

hey everyone here are some test shots [url][IMG]with the 1377 my first air gun the only mods are 14 inch barrel and Crosman steel breech and the stock ,i have a trigger spring coming and a brake. really happy with it,of course the gun was in a makeshift rest (pretty crappy) and pumped 3 times shooting at 23 ft in basement i think once i get the trigger spring it will sweeten up a bit cause since i NEVER shot a gun the trigger seems REALLY hard to pull(Like i said maybe be me because of LACK of shooting experiance) ???Oh and of course a leepers scope ;D my eyes just aint what they used to be :-X  OH and to all you guys that do shoot i give you props cause these LITTLE targets are tough at least to me ;D even at 25 ft

Nate

it looks like you project is coming along well. and for your info, the crosman 13xxs and 22xx generaly have a pretty hard trigger pull out of the box

bauercrew

Thanks Nate hopefully the triger spring assembly will take care of that

quickster47 †

If your trigger is also feeling gritty or not smooth then some light polishing of the sear in the right places will make a huge difference in how the trigger feels.  Of course the new spring should make it a much lighter pull for you.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bauercrew

Quickster: Im going to try that once i get the spring,i hope people dont misunder stand me when i say the trigger is hard to pull ,i mean i dont have a problem with the strengh of finger it just feels like when im pulling its almost like im shaking to pull it ??? i dont know :-[ its hard to explain ??? its almost like im thinking to my self darn when is this thing going to fire

T191032

Looks like the Gamo Target.

23' in the basement, off a "crappy rest" with a scope.  Not bad at all.

"almost like im thinking to my self darn when is this thing going to fire"

There are two things to do to overcome this. 
1. Stop thinking about it!  ;)
2. Spend some time just practicing your shooting and follow 1.

In the mean time, if you want to try a stop gap, take the spring out and apply the "screwdriver compression tip" - recommended tools are 1 suitable screwdriver to slip the spring on to and two washers.  Slip a washer onto the screwdriver, then the spring, then the other washer. Compress the spring by squeezing, remove and reinstall into 1377. 
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

quickster47 †

Quote from: bauercrew on June 08, 2011, 02:12:17 AM
Quickster: Im going to try that once i get the spring,i hope people dont misunder stand me when i say the trigger is hard to pull ,i mean i dont have a problem with the strengh of finger it just feels like when im pulling its almost like im shaking to pull it ??? i dont know :-[ its hard to explain ??? its almost like im thinking to my self darn when is this thing going to fire.

I think we all understand your description of pulling the stock trigger.  It just seems like it takes forever to get anywhere and then wham!  It breaks and the shot is off and you're thinking darn, I jerked and the pellet took the wrong path.

After you work on the trigger a little bit, you will find it much easier to shoot and your accuracy will improve.

Good luck and keep after it.  :)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

ayerstg

Polishing up the sear will help a lot - they are so crude that I start with a file  ;D -  work your way thru whetstones, fine wet-or-dry paper on a flat surface, etc.  I use some purpose-made india and hard Arkansas stones after file and whetstone - but use what you've got.  Try to keep the faces square to the sides and it's generally a good idea not to alter the angle of the sear engagement.

These are pretty "safe" sears to work on, unlike many air guns (my RWS springers took a lot of care - but have incredible triggers now) or fire arms, many of which shouldn't be touched without jigs,knowledge, and experience.  The 13xx / 22xx triggers are so simple and have such generous dimensions and simple geometry that a novice can figure it out and greatly improve them.
Custom Shop 2400; 1377 -> custom 2289; 1377 -> custom 1389; Sheridan Blue Streak (all bronze); Quest 800; Quest 1000, Win 363; RWS M38; RWS M24; Browning 800 Mag

bauercrew

quick:Being a newbe to guns i dont know the correct terms to use for the expanation of the trigger :-[ problem

ayer:yes i seen a LOT of guys on here talk about the trigger polishing and what not so i WILL give it a try :o from the looks of the pics i seen doesnt look to bad,but then again i THOUGHT those little targets would be easy to shot ;D also can i take just the trigger section apart from the rest of the gun or do i have to break the barrel and tube down to do the trigger work ???

Rualert

Two screws in the trigger frame, and the whole assembly can be removed from the tube. Take care with the safety spring and it's very small ball. Removing the whole frame makes working on the trigger parts easier, just because you can simply dump the infamous safety spring, and ball out in your hand, and place them in a small container. Then remove the side plate for access to the trigger, spring, and sear. If you are going to start with the spring compression trick, just pull the right grip, and you can remove the spring without removing the side plate. and worrying about the little safety parts.

Casey

ayerstg

QuoteTake care with the safety spring and it's very small ball.

x1  

(stupid little ball... if I ever find that one I dropped...  >:(  )

I've scrounged up a number of medicine bottles, peeled off the labels, and keep the little bits safely in one when when working on one.

It's easier to work on the trigger and sear parts with the grip frame off the body.

I've found this to be a GREAT help since my arms are not as long as they used to be (forget the lights):

We'll tell you what to do after you lose that darn safety detent ball...

Tom
Custom Shop 2400; 1377 -> custom 2289; 1377 -> custom 1389; Sheridan Blue Streak (all bronze); Quest 800; Quest 1000, Win 363; RWS M38; RWS M24; Browning 800 Mag

arkmaker †

I'd be a very happy camper to shot a group like that!  :-*
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22