UPDATE ON 1377

Started by bauercrew, June 09, 2011, 08:16:56 PM

bauercrew

WELL guys i got the trigger spring and polished the trigger and  :D WOOOW HUGE difference  :o Iam happy camper like a kid in a candy store ;D ;D Ok  ANOTHER ??? i have notticed that when i pump the arm the barrel looks like it moves with the barrel band is that normal?? i have a plastic barrel band for 2289 again i dont know if im explaining it the right way??looks like barrel band actually moves in a up and down motion when pumping it that normal ???

Crosshairs

Do you have a steel or plastic breech ? Also check all your screws and make sure they are tight. If the sight screw is loose the whole top of the gun can move.
                       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Yep, check out what Mike asked and wel'll go from there.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Madkoifish

You didnt mention what length it is, given your using that 2289 band I will assume it isnt stock.
I have a 24" and that band does shift back and forth on the barrel pivoting on the pump pin. Seems the insert does not match the tube tight enough. Something I noticed with the gun in stock form fit on the stock insert sucked. The 2289 one Im using now does not sit flush into the tube either. (could be my gun?? lol)

Now if this is what your referring to, it could cause the barrel to move. Longer the barrel the less mechanical advantage the breech and set screw has on the barrel. This would be more of a wiggle or change of position left right top down vs back and forth. If back and forth then youll need to tighten that set screw if it is a metal breech. I do remember reading somewhere here about longer barrels on the 13xx's "whipping" under pumping and how it affects zero on a scope.

bauercrew

yes MADCO i notice that my barrel band doesnt sit in there to good either seems sloppy.i do have the crosman steel breech and 14 inch barrel. barrel isnt moving from side to side it more like its bending it up and down??i have seen on here some people are putting more screws in the breaches,i wasnt sure if you can free float the 14 inch barrel it just seem there is a lot of barrel out in front and no support??so WHAT does everyone else do to take care of that or is just something that cant be taken care of cause of the design

ayerstg

Congrats on your trigger work  :-*  :-*

I have several of the 2289 barrel bands and they are a crap shoot for fit.  Good news is they are cheap... order more than you need when you buy them...  I've about decided to make my own at this point.  Two piece design in my mind - probably acetyl plug and aluminum band (sort of like a figure 8).  Could do steel or aluminum plug, but probably will try acetyl first.  What I have in mind could be done with a drill press and files - or even a hand drill and files for the careful person.

I've drilled and tapped my 2400 CCS breech and the SBPK kit breech on one 1377 for two additional screws each, which certainly tightened up things at the breech end significantly.  I did them on the mini-mill but it's really not that critical on the layout - if it looks good on a close visual inspection, it's good enough.

Tom

Custom Shop 2400; 1377 -> custom 2289; 1377 -> custom 1389; Sheridan Blue Streak (all bronze); Quest 800; Quest 1000, Win 363; RWS M38; RWS M24; Browning 800 Mag