Cobra Airguns customer service

Started by russo121, June 20, 2011, 12:18:20 PM

russo121

HI Guys,

I have recently (3 weeks ago now) ordered one of those new 10 breeches from cobra airguns and have not yet received a thing. I got an email within the first week of my order stating that it would be sent at the end of the subsequent following week. Imagine my surprise when i get no breech 3 weeks on and have my emails ignored. Has anyone else had this trouble with Cobra Airguns? If so, what were your actions?

I really want the breech, so im willing to wait a little longer, but customer service is VERY important to me so i may have to refute the payment should they ignore me further. I know i should have asked around about their reputation first, but y'know how it is with new purchases and the need to have them quickly.

So, are they any good? Or just yet another company with terrible customer service?

quickster47 †

I ordered mine the week they showed up as being available and received it within two weeks.  But I have also heard since that time that they are having difficulties with the business.  I would give them five more business days and then take your desired action.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

russo121

Yeah, ill wait till the end of this week and if i cant reach them i will inform my cc company for a refund. Pity, i really wanted that breech  :(

Most reputable companies dont charge your card until they have the item to ship, yet Cobra took payment the very second i ordered the breech, and mailed me to say it would be shipped the week after as they were waiting for a new batch to come in. 3 weeks later, and nothing. No explanation, no email, no reply to my comms, NOTHING. At this stage it doesnt surprise me that they are having difficulties with their business. The way they run it leaves a lot to be desired.

All it would take is a quick message to let me know whats going on, but it seems that is also beyond them. Heres hoping they honour my order, but i wont hold my breath.....

quickster47 †

I'm really sorry to hear about your woes with them.  The breech really is a nice piece of equipment and works very well.  And when you are out shooting you just can't beat having 10 shots in the breech and a couple of extra magazines in your pocket.  That is one nice feature of their breech.  Although that feature can also be bad because you do go through pellets much, much quicker.

And that is from real life experience.   ;D

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

NorthStaR

You are not alone on the issues your having with Cobra. There are similar issues cropping up daily from other members and on other forums too.

There are alternatives to the venom repeater should it all go south. Sometimes the cancelling of the payment is enough to kick the nuts of the
company into completing an order on the grounds they can reclaim the lost sale. Bad business but not that uncommon.

Quote from: russo121 on June 21, 2011, 12:47:06 PM
All it would take is a quick message to let me know whats going on, but it seems that is also beyond them. Heres hoping they honour my order,
but i wont hold my breath.....

I had EXACTLY the same issue with Crosmods. A 'one week till dispatch order' became just over 3 months & 30+ emails but I did receive the
parts eventually - but that's another story!

Good luck! And may the Schwartz be with you...
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

russo121

Got a mail from Brooke of Cobra airguns last night stating that the gunsmith has not been in, and that i will be told of a date as to when i will receive the breech the next day. I am pleased they got back to me, but if it turns out to be a ploy to stall me, i wont be surprised. Guess i will find out later tonight. Fingers crossed.

I did have a look at the crosmods stuff, and some things really interested me. After reading your exploits with them northstar, i think i will stay clear.

The Gmac breech looks good too but i wanted a breech that did not require barrel machining. In a perfect world, i would choose a venom style breech with the gmac cocking bolt design with a choice of baffled shroud included in the kit. Ahhh, we can all dream eh? ....lol.

NorthStaR

Quote from: russo121 on June 22, 2011, 05:45:36 PM
The Gmac breech looks good too but i wanted a breech that did not require barrel machining. In a perfect world, i would choose a venom style breech with the gmac cocking bolt design with a choice of baffled shroud included in the kit. Ahhh, we can all dream eh? ....lol.

Well if your breech does arrive (finger X'd) today then your half way there. Sounds like a nice project to get into.  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

quickster47 †

Well the eMail is some news but I sure hope the follow up is the real deal.  Keep us posted.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

russo121

Well, they kept their word and did actually mail me back the next day. I got a mail last night stating that my breech has been sent to me via UPS.  :)

I chose the 3 day delivery so i will let you guys know once it hits my bundlebox. I will say, for the moment anyway, my mind is at rest.

NorthStaR

Great news!  Makes for a good weekend, eh?  :-*
Double-tap!

zoned

Quote from: russo121 on June 24, 2011, 04:42:14 PM
Well, they kept their word and did actually mail me back the next day. I got a mail last night stating that my breech has been sent to me via UPS.  :)

I chose the 3 day delivery so i will let you guys know once it hits my bundlebox. I will say, for the moment anyway, my mind is at rest.
Good to hear!

russo121

Finally got my hands on the breech today, but it didnt come with a mag to use it! >:(

The ad on the site pictures a mag but doesnt state if you get one or not.  I wouldnt have minded paying for the mag if it were extra, but no-one at cobra even mentioned it to me. A bit annoyed at that, but at least i have the breech. I have emailed them about this issue, so we'll see what they have to say about it. I may have to report them for misleading product description should they refuse to supply me with one. Not happy at all. :(

Anyway, i have a friend with a marauder so at least i will be able to try the breech out sometime soon. When i get a chance i will post up pics of my pistol in all its crosman glory.

lillysdad621

... never mind...

NorthStaR

I can't figure out which one of you has had a worse day?  ;D

EDIT: You deleted you rant..... we all do it at some point, shows charactor! ;)
Double-tap!

russo121

Yep, they forgot to put it in the parcel. (the mag that is) Now i have to get it sent to that bundlebox account and pay for yet another round of shipping charges just for one poxy magazine.  >:(

Theres some really cool stuff on the cobra airguns site, but they make it so hard for you to get your hands on them, that its just not worth it in the end. A costly mistake that i will not be repeating. Oh well, bought one from gmac for now......

The breeches work OK, but their design limits how strong a hammer spring you can put in due to the extended cocking pin. My HPA 2240 requires a very strong hammer spring to fully open the valve at 3kpsi and its nigh on impossible to cock the gun using this new breech with my strongest spring installed.

It works quite well with some of the other weaker springs i have, but only when im using co2 or HPA at the lower pressure of 1kpsi. You also cannot leave a mag in the gun without having it cocked due to the design of the marauder mag. When its empty, the cocking bolt is fully cocked, but you cant move the bolt forward due to the marauder magazine obstructing the bolt probe when empty.Pfffft........ The mags are mmade from cheap plastic, are rattley when pellets are loaded in them and an absolute pain to carry a fully loaded one around as the first pellet will keep falling out of the primary hole.

So, do i think its a good product?....... The breech has been machined well, but the operation of the mag when empty and the fact you cant use high powered hammer springs without further modification to the hammer itself makes it a lot less versatile than i first thought. Its OK i guess, but left me a little dissapointed.