Decision made, job done

Started by Mike 777, June 22, 2011, 01:36:07 PM

Mike 777

Well after recently joining the forum and receiving a great welcome btw, I decided a 2240 was the way to go. Went down the local gun shop today and picked one up together with a tin of JSB Diablo's and a packet of Shoot N C targets. On getting home unpacked it and gave it a good wipe down and checked the bore was clean before taking it down the garden for its first test. Shot 1 at 25 feet was a simple one at a water filled 4 pint plastic milk bottle, no problem. Attached a 1" dot from the Shoot N C pack to the bottle and took careful aim for shot 2. Missed dot but not by much at 2 o'clock position. Rather than fiddle with the sights at this early stage, loaded up again and aimed just out side the dot at 8 o'clock and....... dot flew off the bottle! Went to retrieve and there it was, one 1" dot perforated as near as makes no difference dead centre  :D. This gun is going to give me and my son a lot of fun over the summer, I want to thank you guys for the advice that helped me get the right gun and ammo.
First project is to make some grips out of some Cocobolo I have in the workshop, if I can put the gun down for long enough. ;D

NorthStaR

Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Crosshairs

Glad you like the 2240 it's a great gun also happy we the forum were able to help you with your choice .Im sure you will be back to your gun shop to pick up more pellets enjoy and shoot safe.  :-*
                                  Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Well it sounds like the bug has taken control and soon your Crosman infection will be complete.  :)

And the best thing is you are enjoying the gun and sharing that fun with your son.  How great is that!   :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

congrats!
you got yourself a shooter! :-*
closed mouths dont get fed

Mike 777

Have run a few pellets through now, and am now trying to improve the open sites setting. One thing I have noticed is the trigger. My mate's Ratcatcher has the brass stamped trigger. My new 2240 has a painted alloy one that has a thicker blade. More comfortable to use certainly but not sure if it's an improvement. Also the trigger plate is now secured with allen screws rather than slotted. Guess I will have to get some Imperial allen keys before I can look inside and do a polish session.

Crosshairs

True the trigger on the 2240 can use some work but an easy fix if you do a search on trigger job you will find some great ideas from the members.
                                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Those flat hex head screws require a 1/16" hex wrench if that helps you any.  And that wrench is the same size used for the infamous Crosman itsy bitsy breech screw.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

ayerstg

I think the breech screw takes a 0.050"
Custom Shop 2400; 1377 -> custom 2289; 1377 -> custom 1389; Sheridan Blue Streak (all bronze); Quest 800; Quest 1000, Win 363; RWS M38; RWS M24; Browning 800 Mag

quickster47 †

Oops, my mistake.  The breech screw is 0.050".  Thanks for the clarification, my bad.  :-[

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Joshua A

Fantastic! I remember when i bought my first 2240. I was very surprised at the power, accuracy and pure fun factor of shooting that gun. great choice you made. If you have any questions about it, dont be afraid to post some questions. Many of the guys here are true experts on these guns, and can answer ANY question you may have. Post some photos of the grips you make, we'd all like to see them. I've been making grips for crosman guns for a good while now, and I'd be glad to help, or answer any questions. Cocobolo is a fantastic choice for some grips too. Its one of my very favorite woods to work with.

J.Austin