2240 rear sight

Started by Mike 777, July 06, 2011, 05:41:45 PM

Mike 777

Have had my 2240 a couple of weeks now and I am extremely pleased with it. A friend gave me the fibre optic front sight off his 2250 as he has fitted a muzzle brake and this has been an improvement for my tired eyes. The problem is that basic rear sight. Eventually I will fit a steel breech but what I want to know is, is it possible to fit, say the LPA MIM sight to the standard plastic breech by making a dovetail plate screwed down with the original screw then mount the improved sight to this? Has anyone tried this? or is this a daft idea for some reason. I prefer to shoot with open sights although wouldn't rule out a scope sometime in the future.

quickster47 †

I do believe someone on this board has done what you speak of but for the life of me I could not find the thread.  I'll keep looking and until then, maybe someone else has the link.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Coopieclan

Mike777,
I shot my 2240 with the stock sights untill I realized that the rear sight was loose and I couldn't tighten it anymore.
The plastic had been stripped by the sheet metal screw that holds the sight in place.

So I bought a steel breech from Crosman and a Williams rear sight from Pyramyd Air.
It was easy to do the work at home.
The Williams rear sight and the stock Crosman front make a good sight picture.

The steel breech has a dovetail mount that allows mounting of various sighting devices. I tried a red dot sight and then I bought a scope... I've tried everything but a laser.

When you buy the breech you also get a bigger bolt.
The long breech is good to get if you ever want to mount anything else besides rear sights.

Coopieclan