Leaving the 1377 pumped up, ready to shoot?

Started by Supercharged86, July 08, 2011, 08:14:37 PM

Supercharged86

Hey Guys, was wondering if it's safe (for seals and valves, etc.) to leave the 1377 pumped up (whether it's 5-10 pumps) ready to go, just in case "targets of opportunity" should wander by?  Thanks.  Steve

ChokingVictim

I have always heard it is better for the seals to leave air in them. Same for PCP guns
"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

Bentong

1377x

i leave mine half or fully charged for days
just be sure to de-cock it if not shooting right away,dont want to prematurely wear out your hammer spring
closed mouths dont get fed

NorthStaR

I leave one/two pumps just to keep the valve shut. No other reason. But with Co2, well it's in till it's empty no matter how long....

....but generally not long!  :P
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Madkoifish

Quote from: NorthStaR on July 08, 2011, 11:04:47 PM
I leave one/two pumps just to keep the valve shut. No other reason. But with Co2, well it's in till it's empty no matter how long....

....but generally not long!  :P
yeah, like an hour.  ;D

I only leave one or 2 in my pumpers. And never cocked or with lead in. 5+ pumps over a long duration Id worry about, like days.

1377x

Quote from: Madkoifish on July 08, 2011, 11:49:20 PM
yeah, like an hour.  ;D

I only leave one or 2 in my pumpers. And never cocked or with lead in. 5+ pumps over a long duration Id worry about, like days.
i have been doing it over 2 years now on the same seals,the seals that were in the gun before that 
20+ years the only seal i really had to replace was the pump cup
i keep my guns well lubed i think thats more important from my experience.
closed mouths dont get fed