How do you store/display your pistol/carbine/rifles

Started by Madkoifish, July 08, 2011, 10:22:36 PM

Madkoifish

Ok well with the acquisition of Choking's pc22? Maybe I should give it a name like "back at ya" cause after stacking 3 pellets it starts sending them back. ( I really bneed to make a ductseal trap vs wood.) lol I now have 4 airguns. One I keep in a drawer since it uh fits. Other I have a wonky rifle rest on the wall but how does everyone else display or store their guns? I was toying with some sort of wall unit that used the butt stocks on the carbine and rifles. Or the grips on pistols and have the barrels resting on a wall mounted inset, unfortunately Id have to make barrel rests of various heights. Since none match up.

Or should I be good and keep them all in cases under the bed couch closet safe? I know from exp nothing will stop a burglar except a heavy safe and I cannot invest a few grand into one of those. Least not yet. I know some states countries provinces probably mandate a locked cabinet for all "projectile" weapons. Or "missile" devices as the leagalease likes to call them.

Anyhow pics and stuff would be cool.

I do plan to get one of those airsoft tacticool like bags to transport etc.

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Deluxe-Covert-Homeland-Security/dp/B001WJ6P4S/ref=pd_sbs_sg_21

NorthStaR

I keep my rifles/carbines in bags similar to the on you show. I have one like that in Olive, 1 double rifle backpack, 1 ratbag for a 2250b,
and 1 violin case.  My pistols are either in the original boxes or zip pouches.

And then there's the ones in pieces or are about to be born! I need more bags!  :D

I store one tin of pellets in a metal electricians toolcase with the co2 and the rest in an m60 ammo box.
I try to store them in a different room to the guns (and they are everywhere!). But not always if I have one/some out for shooting
over days. Plus my place is small so different rooms is a little pointless... ???

BTW I don't have kids to worry about. As for intruders, I have more valuable people/things to worry about! ;D

Here's a classic bag I am about to fill!  :)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Madkoifish

You would be surprised how guns are more important than the flat screen tv or the like. Lost my turn of the cen 22 and 20 gauge and my s397 (nickle plated benji pumper) where my expensive amps and other valuables remained. Granted these guys were so stupid as to not be able to figure out the wall mount of the tv. They took apart all the adjustment hdw. And attempted to steal a 70$ bluray player over the 3grand amp, but could not fathom how to unplug the hdmi and power leads to get it out of the cabinet.  Maybe it is my location that guns are easier to pawn or more desirable to steal.

Finding places to put these things is only going to get worse I think. The bug for a co2 pistol/carbine is a itch I am fighting to not scratch. I know HPA isn't far off either. Only the cost of the support equipment keeps me from diving into it. Have always drooled at those marauders and quakenbush pistols. Even with possible plans to move to anti gun central, the bay area.

NorthStaR

quakenbush rifles:o Holy Sh@T! They take down bears and byson! That's some serious power.  8)

If I had one of them it would be locked up....I'd be locked up. No way they'd come over the pond to the UK IMHO.
Well actually Shinsung rifles turn up occasionally....

Yeah, I see what your saying about the burglars and valuables. Sounds like junkies to monged to put two and two together.
I forget your guns can have a much higher power rating than ours so that's maybe part of my more relaxed storage practice.

I don't have HPA or what you guys would call high power otherwise I would lock it up.

Gunsafes are the best bet in that case, they can be bolted to the wall and floor and disguised/hidden. Cost a bit more than a bag!  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Madkoifish

Well the hpa is mostly about the sound and shot count and well if I had a pump or a compressor well semi free refills! hah But yea I do not think Id need more than 700fps for the stuff I do. As for the quakenbush guns I was looking at his older smaller caliber stuff. Not that I could afford one hahaha, rather I should say justify one. But the co2/hpa crosmans are taunting me daily. Hell I could imagine how fast Id eat up lead with a co2 and a marauder  breech and those mags or even a RIM on it. hah I should look at collecting all the lead and recasting it. >_<

ayerstg

A real no-foolin' Mosler safe for the handguns and a "vault" in the lower level for the rest.  Display = no-no to me...  YMMV.

Gotta get thru the crotch sniffers and me before anyone can touch those.  And the crotch sniffers are pretty darned alert...
Custom Shop 2400; 1377 -> custom 2289; 1377 -> custom 1389; Sheridan Blue Streak (all bronze); Quest 800; Quest 1000, Win 363; RWS M38; RWS M24; Browning 800 Mag

tayloriand

It is law in the UK to take reasonable precautions regarding storage.
I keep each pistol in a storage box. They are a the top of a locked wardrobe.
The shelf is around 6 ft in  height and my kids are 3 and 5 so I'd say they safe at the moment.
When they get older I'll review the storage and probably add a small padlock to each box.
Or possibly store them in a large tool box tradesman trolley thing with a lockable lid.

Cheers
Ian

NEW â€" CRIME & SECURITY ACT 2010

From the 10th February 2011, the Crime and Security Act 2010 makes it an offence for a person in possession of an air gun to fail to take “reasonable precautions” to prevent someone under the age of 18 from gaining unauthorised access to it.

The storage of air guns must be reasonable ‘in all of the circumstances’ and it is now law for air gun owners to take appropriate steps to prevent young people gaining unauthorised access to their air guns.

‘Reasonable precautions’ will depend on the particular circumstances in each individual case. They could be a locked cupboard or a lock or locking device by which an air weapon can be attached to the fabric of a building, or to a fixed feature, or a security cord, lockable chain or similar device capable of passing through a point of anchorage within the building. Where children are very young, it might be sufficient simply to store any air weapons up high and out of their reach. Trigger guard locks do not satisfy the requirements, as they do not prevent the young person from having the air gun with them even though it cannot be fired.
member of Dukinfield Air Gun Club
www.dukinfieldairgunclub.webeden.co.uk
Undercover 30 lanes up to 35 yards including 5 pistol lanes
Paper, knockdown targets, spinners, etc

Crosshairs

Thats a good question, i store my classic guns in gun cases some guns i do display in my man cave wall and some go in the same case as yours.
                                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

NorthStaR

Quote from: tayloriand on July 09, 2011, 10:32:55 AM
‘Reasonable precautions’ will depend on the particular circumstances in each individual case. They could be a locked cupboard or a lock or locking device by which an air weapon can be attached to the fabric of a building, or to a fixed feature, or a security cord, lockable chain or similar device capable of passing through a point of anchorage within the building. Where children are very young, it might be sufficient simply to store any air weapons up high and out of their reach. Trigger guard locks do not satisfy the requirements, as they do not prevent the young person from having the air gun with them even though it cannot be fired.

Unfortunately reasonable is down to the user. Like in Duty free shopping, you can buy as many cigarettes as you deem reasonable to your personal use.
There is no black and white - just common sense and interpretation. All those guidelines are "could do's" and whilst I agree with them that is all they are.

Did you know you can have a box of loose shotgun shells rolling around in your car and its perfectly legal unlike a 9mm round. Go figure.
You can store shotguns with ammo but not a bullet with a firearm. Even if you want a magnum you must add a stock and longer barrel - like a 2250b!

Anyway my flat is locked up, no kids and is therefore secure as any other home with a £1000 security door on 3 rooms and no ground floor entry at all.

I am moving soon and then I may invest in something more secure. At the moment if I wanted a gun cabinet or similar I'd have to buy
the apartment next door or do without a wardrobe (I don't think my neighbours would like my Birthday Suit though...).

BUT I do agree, and if your situation warrants it, safety and security is a sensible route. If I had kids I'd do more.

In closing, I've been around guns and other sharp devices all my life. I was taught to respect them and never use them for wrong.
Knowledge is much more important and useful than hiding something that will mearly add to curiosity and inevitably snooping when opportunity knocks.

Right or wrong it's ALL IMHO;D

Love IMHO or IMO, lawyers use it to make a point but can remove themselves at the same time!  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Double-tap!

Madkoifish

Quote from: NorthStaR on July 11, 2011, 11:10:24 AM
Unfortunately reasonable is down to the user. Like in Duty free shopping, you can buy as many cigarettes as you deem reasonable to your personal use.
There is no black and white - just common sense and interpretation. All those guidelines are "could do's" and whilst I agree with them that is all they are.

Did you know you can have a box of loose shotgun shells rolling around in your car and its perfectly legal unlike a 9mm round. Go figure.
You can store shotguns with ammo but not a bullet with a firearm. Even if you want a magnum you must add a stock and longer barrel - like a 2250b!

Anyway my flat is locked up, no kids and is therefore secure as any other home with a £1000 security door on 3 rooms and no ground floor entry at all.

I am moving soon and then I may invest in something more secure. At the moment if I wanted a gun cabinet or similar I'd have to buy
the apartment next door or do without a wardrobe (I don't think my neighbours would like my Birthday Suit though...).

BUT I do agree, and if your situation warrants it, safety and security is a sensible route. If I had kids I'd do more.

In closing, I've been around guns and other sharp devices all my life. I was taught to respect them and never use them for wrong.
Knowledge is much more important and useful than hiding something that will mearly add to curiosity and inevitably snooping when opportunity knocks.

Right or wrong it's ALL IMHO;D

Love IMHO or IMO, lawyers use it to make a point but can remove themselves at the same time!  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yup, ignorance is not a replacement for education. Sadly lawmakers do not understand this, or maybe they do. O_o Food for thought.

If I do go the cabinet route Ill post plans pics or what not for any that MIGHT be interested. I think my pellet trap is going to take priority though.

NorthStaR

Quote from: Madkoifish on July 11, 2011, 12:24:39 PM
I think my pellet trap is going to take priority though.

That's where I store most of my pellets!  ;)
Double-tap!

quickster47 †

Quote from: Madkoifish said on July 11, 2011, 05:24:39 AM
I think my pellet trap is going to take priority though.

Quote from: NorthStaR on July 11, 2011, 12:54:45 PM

That's where I store most of my pellets!  ;)

Too funny...  :D  ;D  :D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

quickster47 †

I store my guns in various cases in various places but to display them I like to build gun specific wooden stands with accommodations for pellets.

Here is an example of a stand for one of my Marauder pistols.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Madkoifish

rr torment me with a marauder! hahah I so want one but the support gear >_<. The rim on my 22 has got me leaning on one of those guns even more. woe to my bank account.

Question: what are those pop bottle tops?

quickster47 †

Quote from: Madkoifish on July 14, 2011, 07:34:04 AM
Question: what are those pop bottle tops?

Those are some pellet holders that I make and have even sold a few for a quarter.  They work out great for keeping a variety of pellets around within easy grasp.

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=1377.msg10908#msg10908

Carl

In Omnia Paratus