Trigger spring

Started by tayloriand, July 12, 2011, 11:41:19 PM

tayloriand

The best trigger spring is the one that came on a gun from Darren at Pacific Pellet Guns

I also had a few nice springs but used them or gave them away

I've tried the springs from GMAC and SD Custom and they're a little heavy

Where do you buy your springs from? I would especially like replies from UK members.

Cheers
Ian
member of Dukinfield Air Gun Club
www.dukinfieldairgunclub.webeden.co.uk
Undercover 30 lanes up to 35 yards including 5 pistol lanes
Paper, knockdown targets, spinners, etc

yel01z06

you could make your own with some music wire

tatsumi

I use the standard crosman hammer spring cut down. Not quite as light as my AA S200 but when a guide and over travel mod is used it feel's good to me.

AA S200 MK2 .22 multishot, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 IR with Decimeater Moderator
AS2250XT custom .22, Hawke 2-7x32 AO IR with UK Neil Shroud
2240 custom .22, Hawke RD30SR with Porky Moderator

Madkoifish

Not from the Uk but I have been using bits of smaller RC car shocks and the like. These can be bought in various "tensions" Size all depends also on what you do as well outside of sticking it on the post. I have bodged up guides etc on my springs. I also have some sort of pre-made adjustable post on one gun. Came this way so I am not 100% sure who's it is. Gmac has something CLOSE in design so this could be a older model? But I can adjust it down to a extremely light pull but it wont fire from jolts etc.

http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/epages/BT3197.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3197/Products/CTKIT

Included pics one shows that adjustable post thing on a pc77 (uses the new frames) The other is the oddity I have for my other pc77, mix of nitro fuel tube and pan car shock. It is adjustable but new you to pull the whole mess out of the gun. And last is my benji hb17 It uses some real bubba, a pen tube with click pen spring and alum spacers, experiment before I make the final parts.

Anyhow you can also source from local hardware stores. Dunno if this helps at all since other than the brass deal none of it is sourced from airgun dealers/smiths.

Oh tatsumi reminds me some people take pliers or needle nose to the spring, grabbing two loops and pinching them together to lighten it.

ChokingVictim

Quote from: Madkoifish on July 13, 2011, 12:49:00 AM

Included pics one shows that adjustable post thing on a pc77 (uses the new frames)

That's one from the crosman custom shop. and i used a lighter gold spring from an assortment at aces hardware.
"I'm gonna stay young until I die!" - 7 Seconds

breakfastchef

As simple as it sounds, you can knock off a pound or two of trigger pressure by compressing the stock spring. Yes, it is hit or miss, but way cheaper than searching for an alterntaive spring. Spinning the spring so the sear does not slip over the free end of the spring end will make the action much smoother.  Delrin, brass, discharged cartridges inserts all make for a nice, smooth seat for the sear to ride on if you are so inclined. Overall, the most  inexpensive improvement is to polish the articulating surfaces of the sear and trigger, and compress the spring. One can look the other way when your trigger is a bit narrow if it fires without causing your pellets to fly awry.
Larry