im in pellet heaven

Started by millipede, July 13, 2011, 10:54:57 AM

millipede

since i just finished up my 1377 sniper build i just bought a bunch of pellets at the store and off pyramidair! 

i got:

500 jsb exact .177
250 jsb exact jumbo heavy  .22
500 CPHP .177
300 beeman silver arrow .177
200 H&N crow magnum .22
200 H&N field target .22
600 H&N barracuda hunters .177

plus i have about 4000 crosman destroyers from walmart, some .22 cphp and a random tin of gamo ts22 pellets i found at bi-mart

BTW whats the dif between the beeman and the H&N crowmags? theyre the same wight, same shape and everything except the beemans are more expensive...

arkmaker †

I don't know about the Beeman/H&N difference, but anyone with that many pellets needs to invite me over for a shootfest!!!!

Seriously, enjoy the non stop action that a good pellet selection allows. I have about 3K worth in different brands (mostly the cheap off the shelf stuff) and really need to sit down with the rest and do some testing to find the best pellets for each of my guns. I default to the CPHP's for .22 and the Avanti Diablo's for .177 as they both give me pretty consistant results. I did try some RWS Hobby's while testing out the 1701P last weeks and I really like them. A very nice pellet that seemed to shoot straight and thump with authority. I will be ordering some of those from PA when the bank account allows.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

no difference in the pellets by beeman and h &n
iirc beeman went out h&n came in
closed mouths dont get fed

eric

beeman are relabelled H+Ns = H+N made with beemans name on them
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

millipede

didnt get any RWS because none of the pellets really stood out to me. i was shopping for more unique looking pellets. i'll give em a try someday.next purchase will include some kodiaks, rws, and skenco. in a few months i'll be ordering more. ive spent way too much on airgun stuff lately and my girlfriend is starting to think my new obsession is a little crazy (and annoying i think).

even i think its a little out of control. but after seeing only gamo, daisy and crosman pellets all these years, the JSB pellets were (to me) a sight to behold! ive never seen such a clean, streamlined looking pellet. i cant help myself anymore  :P

i cant wait to get the others from PA

1377x

jsb's are some nice pellets
i use the stratton and monsters
theres a video on the yellow showing the consistant accuracy out to 71 yds
closed mouths dont get fed

arkmaker †

Quote from: millipede on July 13, 2011, 08:56:33 PM
didnt get any RWS because none of the pellets really stood out to me. i was shopping for more unique looking pellets. i'll give em a try someday.next purchase will include some kodiaks, rws, and skenco. in a few months i'll be ordering more. ive spent way too much on airgun stuff lately and my girlfriend is starting to think my new obsession is a little crazy (and annoying i think).

even i think its a little out of control. but after seeing only gamo, daisy and crosman pellets all these years, the JSB pellets were (to me) a sight to behold! ive never seen such a clean, streamlined looking pellet. i cant help myself anymore  :P

i cant wait to get the others from PA

HA!! We're all very very sick ya know? And the only medicine that works for us is to BUY MORE AIRGUN STUFF!!  ;D ;D (add in the Vincent Price wicked laugh here)
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

AZAG

How about some magnum .177 pellets like Big Boy Senior or Eun Jin?

Noah

Quote from: millipede on July 13, 2011, 10:54:57 AM
since i just finished up my 1377 sniper build i just bought a bunch of pellets at the store and off pyramidair! 

i got:

500 jsb exact .177
250 jsb exact jumbo heavy  .22
500 CPHP .177
300 beeman silver arrow .177
200 H&N crow magnum .22
200 H&N field target .22
600 H&N barracuda hunters .177

plus i have about 4000 crosman destroyers from walmart, some .22 cphp and a random tin of gamo ts22 pellets i found at bi-mart

BTW whats the dif between the beeman and the H&N crowmags? theyre the same wight, same shape and everything except the beemans are more expensive...

Where are you located? Can we come over?
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

millipede

Quote from: Noah on July 15, 2011, 06:30:12 AM
Where are you located? Can we come over?

BYOB!!!!!

Quote from: AZAG on July 14, 2011, 08:24:58 AM
How about some magnum .177 pellets like Big Boy Senior or Eun Jin?

they seem a bit too heavy. but i just got a new hammer spring from alejandro today and that should get me up to about 22 pumps max. it may help.  wish i had a chronograph  :(