PISTOL SCOPE SUGGESTIONS

Started by tayloriand, July 13, 2011, 06:21:53 PM

mcc1961

Quote from: mcc1961 on October 04, 2011, 09:28:56 PM
I really like my BSA  EDGE 2-7x28 and is dead on accurate.Also has good eye relief.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

Make MY day

Best scope for the 1377 that does not cost a mortgage payment and has good optics, 10"+ eye relief Plus Parallax set between 35 and 50 yards???
With age comes skills.
It's called 'Multi Tasking'.
I can
Laugh, Cough, Sneeze, Fart and Pee all at the same time.

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Quote from: Make MY day on October 05, 2011, 02:48:24 AM
Best scope for the 1377 that does not cost a mortgage payment and has good optics, 10"+ eye relief Plus Parallax set between 35 and 50 yards???

If you are telling us what you've got, give us a hint.  If you are asking, tell us when you find it.  There are many here who would be interested in such a significant find.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Make MY day

I'm looking.  Have a BSA RD 30 but for late afternoon tree rats 30+/- yards distance, the shadows makes it hard to see.  Got a few more weeks for the tree rats before the snowbirds start coming down, then it's strictly shooting paper 30 foot away.  Most scopes have a too close ER and a parallax of 100 yards, with one or two at 50 yards although I did see one someplace with a 35 yds parallax.  Don't need BDC or RE.  This is a Stock 1377C with a 7 in. shroud and the BSA. 
With age comes skills.
I can

Make MY day

Anyone try the Leapers 5th Gen 4x40 with 5" Eye Relief and 35 yrd parallax setting?
With age comes skills.
I can

breakfastchef

Quote from: Make MY day on October 05, 2011, 02:48:24 AM

I stand by my choice of a cheap-o NcSTAR 2.5x30E Illuminated Pistolero Rifle Scope (SEPB2530B). Paid around $40 from OpticsPlanet. This scope is very accurate at 10M. Eye relief is just over 10".

Larry

Make MY day

With age comes skills.
I can

breakfastchef

Quote from: Make MY day on October 12, 2011, 06:19:09 PM
SEPB or SPB??

SEPB. Probably not ideal for targets much over 25 yards as magnification is only 2.5.
Larry

quickster47 †

Quote from: breakfastchef on October 06, 2011, 04:48:44 AM
I stand by my choice of a cheap-o NcSTAR 2.5x30E Illuminated Pistolero Rifle Scope (SEPB2530B). Paid around $40 from OpticsPlanet. This scope is very accurate at 10M. Eye relief is just over 10".

I have one just like that sitting in a drawer or on a shelf.  Might have to get it out and give it another try.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Make MY day

Just ordered the NcSTAR 27x32B with the low 1" RB25 3/8" dovetail mount.  I know the scope is a little over 3 " longer than the 2.5x30 scope but figure that extra 1 1/2" in rear length might give me a little more ER.  With the magnification, I might finally be able to hit one of the thumb tacks I placed on a tree base 63 foot away.  Hard to find with the Red Dot.  Once I can hit the tack, I know I can help drive one of the male tree rats deeper into it's mate while it's in mid hump. ;D
With age comes skills.
I can

Make MY day

Got my new NcStar SEPB2732B scope with NcStar RB25 ring mounts for my 1377.  After wasting a couple of dozen CPHP's and adding 40 clicks up and still being 6 squares low, I reset the Altitude to mechanical zero at 125 clicks(250 clicks top to bottom).  Before firing a shot, I brought the altitude 30 clicks up.  First shot on a Targetz #10077 target at 30 foot, put the pellet at 9 o'clock on the block outside of the bull.  Second shot was right inside the bull but in the left box.  Scope was set on 4 power and used sand bags for support.  Would have shot a third time but neighbor in back came out to hang some laundry.  Will put up a new target tomorrow to see if it was just luck or the scope is really sighted in.  Max distance I will be shooting would be about 25-30 yards.  To say that I am impressed would be an understatement.  A real big improvement over the BSA RedDot the scope replaced.       
With age comes skills.
I can

Serpents Den

I currently have a tasco 1x42mm red/green dot I bought used from a friend, pretty cheap and haven't used/tried yet........they sell at walmart for $42...

Serpents Den

another suggestion too, Cman distributes the Center Point scopes (had no idea until recently, thought they were just some no-name brand)...they have a nice red/green multi dot scope that looks pretty promising and goes for around $70-75... the multi-tac quick aim sight....you can choose between different reticles....its a 1x30mm tube, 25mm objextive, flex eye relief... there's a few they have you may want to take a look at too....

DRAGON64

Quote from: Make MY day on October 06, 2011, 03:37:03 AM
Anyone try the Leapers 5th Gen 4x40 with 5" Eye Relief and 35 yrd parallax setting?

I have one of these scopes, and it seems to work well, but 35 yards is a stretch without some sort of zoom or adjustable objective... I will get some pics this evening of my set-up.  Curretly, the scope is siting atop my 1701P.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche