PISTOL SCOPE SUGGESTIONS

Started by tayloriand, July 13, 2011, 06:21:53 PM

tayloriand

I need another pistol scope. I have a few Walther 2x20 that have ok optics and nice thick reticle. They are £30 including Weaver mounts.

Has anyone tried the BSA 2-7X32 Scope £29 no mounts Looks like a lot of scope!
http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/766/106364/bsa-edge-2-7x32-pistol-scope-587/#details
Or the 2x20 Rhino £45 no mounts
http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/epages/BT3197.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3197/Products/Ripiscope
Or the JSR 2.5 x32   Â£30  no mounts
http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/riflescopes-jsr-optics/jsr2532p-jsr-2.5x32-pistol-scope-%5Blong-eye-relief---pistol-only%5D.html

Need a nice thick reticle with decent optics for indoor and outdoor shooting.

Any comments woud be great.

Thanks
Ian
member of Dukinfield Air Gun Club
www.dukinfieldairgunclub.webeden.co.uk
Undercover 30 lanes up to 35 yards including 5 pistol lanes
Paper, knockdown targets, spinners, etc

eric

i don't have any mentioned but the bsa edge i've heard good things about --- some people have issues with variable power pistol scopes on the highest power though --- maybe just the scope they're using ??? the jsrams seems decent with the parallax preset at 35m.(good for an air pistol) where as others might be 50 to 100 yards. i have a tasco pro-class 4x30AO with a target dot --- excellent optics but i could live without the dot ,had a swift 2x20 which was probably the smallest and lightest pistol scope you could find at was really nice with superb optics but wasn't enough mag for my eyes
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

tayloriand

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the repy. I'm interested in 4x but doubt I'd use x7 on a pistol. I'm thinking ... shaking like a leaf on a windy day.
I once had a 2-7 x32 Simmons, great scope but in a moment of madness and purchasing a rife I sold it and regret it.

Cheers
Ian

tayloriand

Any other pistol scope users out there ?

Coopieclan

I use a BSA Edge 2X20 on my 2240.
I like it very well.
I am a 10 yard target shooter it has done me well.

Supercharged86

I've been in search of one myself, there looks to be very few choices in the $75 and under price range.  Others have suggested the NcStar scopes, but have you looked at the "specs"?  An eye relief of around 10", some as low as 8", what the hell good is that?  Sure it might make a good scout scope but pistol, how do they market these as pistol scopes?  I don't know about you, but my measurement indicates something around 18" is needed.  So besides the BSA, any other suggestions?  Cheers.  Steve

Supercharged86

Well I ordered the one offered by Crosman (as I was ordering the steel breech parts) and as it turns out they sent me a NcStar model SPB2530B.  Perhaps I shouldn't of asked them about the scope before ordering, as I may not have gone with this model knowing that most of their scopes have short eye reliefs (considering its use for a pistol scope).  So at arms length of about 18" the eye relief isn't that bad although it does improve some as you bring it closer (like for a scout scope position).  It did come with see-thru rings but at 21mm offset, these are much to high for my liking.  There's 16mm of clearance at the objective end so I'll be in search of the lowest set I can get a hold of.  Then we'll see how see shoots from a rested position. 

breakfastchef

I am using an NCStar SEPB2530b (2.5x30E) on my modded PC77 because of the long eye relief. Rather than having the pistol so close to my face, the 10"+ relief allows me to hold at a more comfortable distance. This scope is dialed in and is holding zero after about 100+ pellets so far. Off the bench, though, holding this pistol still for good accuracy is going to take some practice. I mostly shoot at 10m indoors.
Larry

Crosshairs

I like the simmons scopes for the pistols very clear optics.  :-*
                                                  Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

NorthStaR

HAWKE RD25. Nice crisp perfectly round dot 'O' (not a fuzzy dot). 3MOA, works at any distance. (No magnification though!)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Kingfshr

I have a BSA Edge 2x20 on my 1377. It works really good. I'm 6ft tall and the eye relief is pretty good.
Crosman 1377 Gen II
Crosman 1377 w/BSA 2x7x28 Scope
Crosman 2300 Custom w/BSA 2x20 Scope

Plasticman

Make MY day

What scopes are you using on your 1377 or other air pistols?  RD or Crosshairs, Make, Model?  Have a BSA RedDot but finding it a little harder to center on a tree rat hugging the tree branch, especially late afternoons when the sun is at a low angle.
With age comes skills.
It's called 'Multi Tasking'.
I can
Laugh, Cough, Sneeze, Fart and Pee all at the same time.

AZAG

I have a simmons 2x20 on my 1377 and it's great.

mcc1961

I really like my BSA  EDGE 2-7x28 and is dead on accurate.Also has good eye relief.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880