New OEM 1377c piston and valve set finds a new home.

Started by Supercharged86, July 16, 2011, 08:52:04 PM

Supercharged86

So my new 1377c had about 55 shots on it (Bone Stock Chrony Testing) before it got stripped down to make way for new upgraded parts.  Now many of you might already know this but I was kind of surprised to see that the piston and valve in my late 70's model 760 were dimensionally identical to the current parts pulled from the 1377. The only difference was that back then the valves were made from brass and weren't secured with any external screw but rather a "dimple" in the air tube.  So the ole girl didn't hold air to well since the o-rings and internal valve parts were long past they're prime.  So for shits and giggles I threw in the new spare parts and couldn't believe the results.  10 pumps with some crappy Daisy match 7.5 grn pellets that my Dad had laying around resulted in 630's over the chrony.  Perhaps I'll have to get another flat-top P/V set  ;).    Cheers.  Steve

1377x

where did you get the ft valve and piston?
dont throw away the brass valve rebuild it save it for a rainy day
you can pump past 10 pumps 14-15 pumps on the old rear cocker before they retain air
i added a brand new rear cocker to my phase 2 1377 cut a slice out of a washer that fit in the tube to use as a pre load can dump 20 pumps no problem
closed mouths dont get fed

Supercharged86

I went with a FT set from Mellon (along with the rest of the parts), had some mixed results with the new parts which I'll post soon.  The old brass valve internals were just a little different; the stem seat was rubber instead of the current nylon piece and they used a shorter spring with an aluminum spacer.  Yeah, I didn't go past 10 pumps with it, but I'll try some additional shots over the chrony with 11-15 pumps.  Steve

Crosshairs

Sound's like fun to me  :-* make's me wanna build another pumper.I have been thinking to do something with a 760 FT V and P . :-*
                                          Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

all the parts from the aluminum valve will fit in the brass one
i got rid of the spacer and used the trigger spring as a valve spring.gives you more volume and the lighter spring makes it  easier to pump and dump

Supercharged86

Quote from: 1377x on July 17, 2011, 01:30:36 AM
all the parts from the aluminum valve will fit in the brass one
i got rid of the spacer and used the trigger spring as a valve spring.gives you more volume and the lighter spring makes it  easier to pump and dump

Thanks for the tip, perhaps I'll tear it down (again, ugg) and try your combo  :-*.  Steve 
Ps.  I wonder if I could get a new barrel for it, OEM or otherwise???

1377x

Quote from: Supercharged86 on July 17, 2011, 02:33:45 AM
Thanks for the tip, perhaps I'll tear it down (again, ugg) and try your combo  :-*.  Steve 
Ps.  I wonder if I could get a new barrel for it, OEM or otherwise???
there is only one easy way
the breech and barrel can be switched to the phase 3
i had a steel breech and phase 3 barrel on my phase 2 and the plastic phase 3 breech and barrel one my phase 1 when i sold it