NcSTAR 2-7x32 Pistol Scope

Started by bildio, July 30, 2011, 02:37:43 AM

bildio

I just got this scope. I like it a lot, except for one thing. I can't get it to focus, using the focus adjustment, with any magnification setting or at any distance (15 to 40 feet) from the target.

I don't know if the problem is my eyesight or a bad scope or the scope is not good enough in quality to be focused clearly.

It gets good reviews on Amazon.

Anyone have any experience with this scope or suggestions?

Specifications:

2-to-7X magnification
    One-inch tube diameter
    32-millimeter objective diameter
    14-to-4.5-foot field of view at 100 yards
    8.7-to-10.7-inch eye relief
    16-to-4.6-millimeter exit pupil
    11.6-ounce weight
    11-inch length
    Integrated weaver-style mount
Bill

tayloriand

I once had this scope on a 2240

It was ok for the money but I recall it didn't have a great reticle and the lenses struggles with glare in bright conditions. Mine was ok at 10 - 15 yards. There may be an issue with the parralax setting. I'm not sure what this is from the factory or if it's easy to adjust.

Try an email to
http://www.ncstar.com/techsup.html

Good luck

Ian
member of Dukinfield Air Gun Club
www.dukinfieldairgunclub.webeden.co.uk
Undercover 30 lanes up to 35 yards including 5 pistol lanes
Paper, knockdown targets, spinners, etc

bildio

I backed the eyepiece out to what must be close to maximum & the target is clearer, but not what I'd like it to be.

Anyone have recommendations for a pistol scope, i.e., would like EER, 4x preferred?
Bill

eric

i can recommend a tasco pro-class 4X30AO pistol scope --- big with excellent optics ,has a target dot reticle I could live without . not cheap though ---- 125 to 175 used ,they are not made any more but they are out there --- put a WTB on the yellow classifieds for that or something else and see what turns up .had a 2X20 SWIFT pistol scope that was pretty nice --- 100 +or- new for opticsplanet
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

bildio

What don't you like about the target dot reticle? Does this model Tasco have other reticle choices?
Bill

eric

the dot is black and hard to see depnding on what your shooting (color wise) .it's good if the target is bright (orange,red,yellow,etc ...) it has crosshairs but they stop before the dot not really that much of a big deal but i like plain crosshairs better --- mildots on the other hand would be cool .current tascos might have a plain reticle --- don't really know fer shur .don't get me wrong the the tasco is a nice scope ---- the AO is a nice feature for a air pistol as the distances for shooting are too long .my will focus down to about 3 to 4 yards --- it is set at 25 yds to 300 yds ---- way more that needed for an airgun - pistol or rifle 
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

bildio

Eric,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. It helps a lot.
Bill