Crosman Pellgunoil

Started by mcc1961, August 01, 2011, 09:23:29 PM

mcc1961

Can I use Remington rem oil in place of the Crosman Pellgunoil on my Co2 cartridges for my pistol?
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

mr007s

In a way, yes. You can use anything you want, it is your shooter. Now, is it a good choice? Can't say. If it were mine I would substitute power steering fluid or transmission fluid, both of which are friendly toward rubber seals. Non Detergent motor oil is recommended very frequently also.

ayerstg

QuoteYou can use anything you want, it is your shooter. Now, is it a good choice? Can't say.

My face hurts from laughing...

Uh, back to the question - It's probably just a polarized oil - great for wiping off the outside, light protection of the bore of a powder-burner, etc.  Absolutely NOT the best for a pumper; won't hold up for those kind of mechanical loads like motor oil, er, Pellgunoil.  Gotta agree with mr007s for your CO2 question.  You could also use a snazzy silicone oil like the paintball guys use.  But why not just use what Crosman says to use?

Tom
Custom Shop 2400; 1377 -> custom 2289; 1377 -> custom 1389; Sheridan Blue Streak (all bronze); Quest 800; Quest 1000, Win 363; RWS M38; RWS M24; Browning 800 Mag

NorthStaR

Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Capt. Thomas

For over 20 years I have used 30 wt ND, tranny fluid, Marvel Mystery Oil and or any quaility grade of hyd. fluid.
Why you ask? Two reasons. 1. Im active duty military and even though I can always seem to find a air gun / springer to shoot any place on the planet, most don't even know what Pellgun Oil is or can't get it if they did (just ask ask anyone in Bosnia or Somalia  ;)) 2. I have noticed through the years that continued use of Pellgun oil without cleaning, it will gum up. Now I know that we should all strip and clean our guns but some people just don't do it. Bottom line...... the Pellgun oil IS good oil but in a pinch, don't feel bad about using a good grade of 30wt ND or tranny fluid. It and your gun will be fine  :-*

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

NorthStaR

Aye Cap'n! Good points! Everything in moderation...savvy!  :-*

Glad to see your back and posting again. You worn those daisy clips out yet?  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Brighton Rock

Power steering fluid is good which i use all so bought my self Coma Straight 30 Vintage car oil no cleaning agents which is all so good for rubbing over  guns including wooden stocks not to much oily rag the oil made for to days cars would dry out seals & make them brittle ruin a Guns blueing & the wooden stock over time.

Capt. Thomas

Quote from: NorthStaR on August 02, 2011, 05:53:58 PM
Aye Cap'n! Good points! Everything in moderation...savvy!  :-*

Glad to see your back and posting again. You worn those daisy clips out yet?  ;)

Yea were back from the Box but we almost got our asses shot off on the way out  >:( I used to like going to the beach but I don't think I'll miss seeing sand for quite some time  :(  On a better note, MANY THANKS for the assist on the 2003 clips and yes I now have three good woorking guns with new /non jamming clips! they actually shoot pretty well for what they are and what I use them for which is pole cats spraying and stinking up the car port and back yard.
You da' man Northstar  :-*

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

NorthStaR

Pleasure my friend!  :-*  Can't have you clipless! Take care.
Double-tap!

Crosshairs

What ever you use don't use to much oil, more is not better.  :-*
                                                    Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!