Upper receiver adjustment

Started by 641, August 13, 2011, 05:09:04 PM

Greetings-

I recently purchased a 2300s.  After mounting the Williams rear site it was noted that the site canted 30 degrees to the left.  Back it went and a new one was received.  Guess what? Same issue.  So I loosened the screws that mount the upper receiver to the lower, adjusted the seat, iadded a shim, and tightened it back up.  Now the cant is gone.

Question-  Is this a common issue with the 23xx series?  Has anyone else encountered this problem and how did you resolve it?

Thank you.

arkmaker †

Sounds like the breech is off since you had two williams sight canted in the same way?? And no, all I have heard about Williams sights has been good stuff, never bad......someone with more experiance will chime in here soon, I'm sure.
RIch
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

eric

i have heard about your problem ---sometime to do with a set screw you can't see iirc. take all apart and see if you're missing something 
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Since I was able to adjust most (not all) of the cant out it appears that this is a QC issue to me.  After all these years one would think that a company like Crosman would be aware of W. Edwards Deming and TQM.

breakfastchef

That sucks that your Williams Sight did not mount properly. I just recieved a 2300KT custom job from crosman and my Williams notch sight went on perfectly. I suppose an improperly milled breech could cause this problem.
Larry

jogle

That sucks maybe it was put in the fixture canted or a chip held it crooked or maybe it was quitting time on a Friday and 1 last part until beer 30. :-X

k9jri

When I initially mounted the Williams sight to my 2300S It did have a slight cant up on the right side but that was because I did not have the screw snugged up that holds the sliding piece that engages the dovetail groove on the right side.  I did not have any more issues with cant after tightening that screw enough that it held the piece parallel to the top of the sight when tightening the two small hex head screws.

Sounds like Crosman should correct yours as that would be pretty bad machining on the receiver.

After a great deal more work-

It appears that this was caused by a misaligned jig during drilling of the mounting holes on the base of the upper receiver, that accept the screws from the lower receiver.