Why can't i keep my gun stock ? New Thread

Started by Crosshairs, August 25, 2011, 08:29:10 PM

Crosshairs

Hey guy's tell us about your obession to make that stock gun into a real shooting machine.  :-* Reason i ask i just ordered another 2240 so i don't have to mess with my old stock 2240.  ???
                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

JEBert

You can if you like the long rough 6-lb trigger pull and those plastic grips.  I haven't found one yet that I couldn't shoot more accurately after I stoned the trigger/sear surfaces and found a more appropriate spring.
Also, If you like those plastic grips, you should order some each of these: Crosman part #'s 1700-031 and 1700-032.  They are $1.50 each.  See pic below. 
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Crosshairs

Quote from: JEBert on August 25, 2011, 09:22:53 PM
You can if you like the long rough 6-lb trigger pull and those plastic grips.  I haven't found one yet that I couldn't shoot more accurately after I stoned the trigger/sear surfaces and found a more appropriate spring.
Also, If you like those plastic grips, you should order one each of these: Crosman part #'s 1700-031 and 1700-032.  They are $1.50 each.  See pic below. 
Cheers,
Jerry
So true Jerry but it's also lot's of fun.  :-*
                                          Mike

JEBert

Agreed! keeping it stock would take a lot of the fun out of it.  My friends can't believe what my gun looks like.  One of them commented "How in the world did you dream up that something like that could even be done to it?"
I gave y'all the credit.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Cross Pistol Packer

I was going to keep my mint 1389 standard,but the modding bug hit,stock fps with around 8gr pellet was only in the 540s
Now it looks nothing like the original carbine,spiting out lead in the 800s
The squirrels my way hate it.
The Tree rat Nemesis :)
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

1377x

Quote from: Cross Pistol Packer on August 27, 2011, 09:41:31 AM
I was going to keep my mint 1389 standard,but the modding bug hit,stock fps with around 8gr pellet was only in the 540s
Now it looks nothing like the original carbine,spiting out lead in the 800s
The squirrels my way hate it.
The Tree rat Nemesis :)
your 1389 is doing better than mine stock form

Cross Pistol Packer

Bet a couple of months time,you will have that Backpacker punching holes in bricks :)
Ray...
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

Crosshairs

This is one reasion i cant keep my guns stock the beauty of the custom gun and the pride of building them.
                                           Mike

1377x

tinker

Because unaltered it's someone elses idea of what it should do and look like.  By tinkering you can have it your way.  All out or anywhere in between :)
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!