red dot sight, hym have i done the right thing

Started by crossy72, September 05, 2011, 09:04:32 PM

crossy72

hello folks,new to air pistols and have a 2300t,now i can get reasonable groups for a newbie,but my son spends to much time aligning the sights i can fare see the barrel start to wonder,so we now have a hawke sport red dot and i fine easy to use,but the extra weight on the pistol is causing him to wonder as well though to be fare is aim time is loads less.for the money is quiet good,bad points are the adjustment for E and W can be easily altered so sighting in on the first few shot's seems essential,but for the 20 pounds spent iam happy
still cant believe how addictive shooting is
nick :-*

quickster47 †

Both open sights and a red dot have their place in the shooting world.  Match shooters use both so one can't say that one is better than the other.  Although everyone certainly has an opinion.

The more your son and you practice with the red dot the more proficient you will become and the weight will be less noticeable.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

crossy72

just shot three pellets at a target and the W and E adjusters had been moved again third shot in the bull at nine metres,so iam getting there ,its my lad that needs to try harder LOL
may have to sight it in then mark the adjusting turrets,
100% agree with you on the practising though,wish i had a range
nick