2260/discovery trigger group

Started by 1377x, September 26, 2011, 05:01:46 AM

1377x

is the 2260/discovery trigger group a direct fit on the 22xx/13xx tubes?
any mods have to be made?
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Not sure about it being a direct fit because from looking at the EVP the front part of the trigger frame appears to be held in place with the pressure gauge.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

eric

should fit the 2xxx guns --- the holes and such are the same .the 2xxx grip frame will fit the 2260/disco tube  .the 13xx --- the tube might be an issue .
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Joshua A

Yes. so will the marauder/Challenger trigger group. I got a 22xx sitting right here next to me with a m-rod trigger group bolted up to it..

1377x

i was thinking of making a bull pup stock and thought i would be easier the use a discovery trigger group instead of the grip frame

JEBert

If the 22xx trigger frame will fit the 2260 and the 2260 and Discovery are interchangeable, it should interchange with the1377 too.  I have a 2300 and the trigger frame is interchangeable with the 1377's.  Old 2-screw metal cover ones and new 3-screw plastic cover ones too.
I am waiting on the complete 1700P trigger frame assembly to become available to put on my 2300KT.
Quotei was thinking of making a bull pup stock and thought i would be easier the use a discovery trigger group instead of the grip frame
I would be asking which trigger setup could be modded to achieve the cleanest let-off but that's just me because I want the best accuracy.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

1377x

the discovery trigger can be modded pretty easy
a guy on the green/yellow forum has a discovery trigger group on his 1377,i saw it today
i wasnt sure if the sear needed to be modded or how it goes together.

DJammer

I have the P-Rod EVP if anyone would like a copy, just ask.

David
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Joshua A

no the sear doesnt need modification or anything. it lines right up perfectly. a discovery/2260 or a mrod/challenger will work on any of the 13xx/22xx/17xx/23xx/.... guns - just bolts right on. the problem that occurs is that obviously you now have no trigger guard, or grip lol. a custom stock or grip would now be needed for it to work.. Ive made a couple.
J.Austin

1377x

Quote from: Joshua A on September 30, 2011, 11:00:10 PM
no the sear doesnt need modification or anything. it lines right up perfectly. a discovery/2260 or a mrod/challenger will work on any of the 13xx/22xx/17xx/23xx/.... guns - just bolts right on. the problem that occurs is that obviously you now have no trigger guard, or grip lol. a custom stock or grip would now be needed for it to work.. Ive made a couple.
J.Austin
you made a couple of bullpup stocks??
for what gun(s)??

quickster47 †

Quote from: 1377x on October 01, 2011, 03:50:46 PM
you made a couple of bullpup stocks??
for what gun(s)??

Not Bullpup stocks but regular old plain stocks, if one can call what Joshua does regular, that accommodate the 2260/Discovery style trigger group.  If Joshua had made a Bullpup stock I would have already been all over him like a cheap seat on a fat man.

I do know that somewhere in the near distant future Joshua is going to make me a stock for one of my 2250b guns that looks similar to the included pictures.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Joshua A

Carl from the looks of that second picture there, it shouldn't be too big a deal. I will assume that you are going to want me to overhaul the design a bit though correct? Not that there is anything wrong with the design how it is now or anything.
J.Austin

hellgrips98

Quote from: quickster47 on October 01, 2011, 04:59:45 PM
Not Bullpup stocks but regular old plain stocks, if one can call what Joshua does regular, that accommodate the 2260/Discovery style trigger group.  If Joshua had made a Bullpup stock I would have already been all over him like a cheap seat on a fat man.

I do know that somewhere in the near distant future Joshua is going to make me a stock for one of my 2250b guns that looks similar to the included pictures.

Carl

this is beautiful...

http://hellgrips98.webs.com/ click here to see my exotic wood grips

1377x

hellgrips
are those 2250b forearms in the signature??
now you have me thinking of adding some wood to my guns
thanks a lot now i have to put a lock on my wallet! :P