its official

Started by 1377x, October 03, 2011, 12:35:38 AM

1377x

ac customs is done making parts :(
on his site he says it will stay up until the beginning of the year
closed mouths dont get fed

slothart

Crosman: 1377carbine / Beeman: Tempest / Benjamin: P-Rod, 310 & 342 / Sheridan: Blue Streak & Blue Streak Steroid (both rockers) / AA TX200HC

quickster47 †

"Another one bites the dust"   :(

Gosh darn it!  Man I hate to see him go.  He did great work and was a wealth of information.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

Quote from: quickster47 on October 03, 2011, 02:31:21 AM
"Another one bites the dust"   :(

Gosh darn it!  Man I hate to see him go.  He did great work and was a wealth of information.

Carl
on his site it says his or might start a tech blog

quickster47 †

Quote from: 1377x on October 03, 2011, 02:54:47 AM
on his site it says his or might start a tech blog

I read that earlier and sent him an eMail to give him some encouragement and let him know he will be missed very much as he was a great asset to the airgun community.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

zuke

Can you post a link to his site?
Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it!

quickster47 †

In Omnia Paratus

DJammer

Bummer, I didn't think that our sport was having too much trouble in this economy, but the loss of these guys is really getting troubling..
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

1377x

Quote from: DJammer on October 04, 2011, 01:58:29 AM
Bummer, I didn't think that our sport was having too much trouble in this economy, but the loss of these guys is really getting troubling..
;
sure is
and some of the new ones have poor service and products
i just read its only going to get worse in 2012.the world economy that is.

quickster47 †

Quote from: DJammer on October 04, 2011, 01:58:29 AM

Most of the time it's also discouraging when we see them drop out.  Always wonder if they did not have enough customers, too many customers or just what it was.  Several times I've had a business that evolved from a hobby and then I ended up disliking the hobby and dropped the business.  From that I learned not to turn a hobby into a business.

Then I wonder, from my own experience again, that was his business taking up too  much time in his life.  Family life can suffer as well as your health and then it really becomes not worth the time and effort.  And of course one can also lose interest in the hobby/business and then it becomes a real drag on you.

You can also have such a good products that you become overwhelmed with the responses from folks.  Especially in the airgun world where the news about a good machinist who has good products spreads like wildfire.

Anyway, it sure is a loss for us.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

1377x

i noticed most of them say they dont have the time
real jobs come first
i know ac is one who at first had the time and courage to do what ever poject you put in front of him and wasnt scared to tackle something he has never done.then as his customer base grew he had less time for first time projects.now he doesnt have time for custom airgun parts.
if he high bucked like the others out there,he probably wouldnt have been overwhelmed with projects and parts
i just hope we dont lose mellonair.i think he is one of the last if not the last reasonable priced parts makers left.the last i heard from him,he is getting pretty busy with parts making.dont burn out buddy,the crosman community needs you

slothart

Quote from: 1377x on October 04, 2011, 03:12:44 PM
i noticed most of them say they dont have the time
real jobs come first
i know ac is one who at first had the time and courage to do what ever poject you put in front of him and wasnt scared to tackle something he has never done.then as his customer base grew he had less time for first time projects.now he doesnt have time for custom airgun parts.
if he high bucked like the others out there,he probably wouldnt have been overwhelmed with projects and parts
i just hope we dont lose mellonair.i think he is one of the last if not the last reasonable priced parts makers left.the last i heard from him,he is getting pretty busy with parts making.dont burn out buddy,the crosman community needs you

X2
I was thinking the same thing
Crosman: 1377carbine / Beeman: Tempest / Benjamin: P-Rod, 310 & 342 / Sheridan: Blue Streak & Blue Streak Steroid (both rockers) / AA TX200HC

DRAGON64

Quote from: 1377x on October 03, 2011, 12:35:38 AM
ac customs is done making parts :(
on his site he says it will stay up until the beginning of the year

That is what AC told me also, when I purchased his last 1377 valve... and just when I get started modding again too!!
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

NorthStaR

Whilst the site is still up, there is a useful drill & tap chart. I made a pdf for future reference.  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

JEBert

QuoteWhilst the site is still up, there is a useful drill & tap chart. I made a pdf for future reference.
So did I.  Great minds think alike!
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)