wots a good pellet for potato destruction

Started by crossy72, October 09, 2011, 06:36:46 PM

crossy72

hy guys, so didnt really know if this should have gone in the target section but well ill try it in here,basically iam after a 177 pellet that will cause as much destruction to say a potato or apple,i like target shooting but for a laugh shooting something that reacts is sometimes more fun,so i figured some form of hollow nose pellet,but would like the experience from you guys
nick :-*

1377x

try a predator poly mag

http://www.predatorpellets.com/

i havent tried them but from what i have heard they do expand very well leaving a lot of devastation in its wake
i like beeman/h&n crowmags
i have some pics here on the forum of some after they passed through some homemade ballistic gel
closed mouths dont get fed

crossy72

wow they look that they cause some damage,are they available from uk stockists,silly question will have a look myself,is that the sort of style that cause's the most destruction

1377x

from the photos i have seen
yeah they do the most damage

1377x

i found the post of the tests i did with the crowmags
keep in mind the were shot from a gun producing over 25fpe
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=1843.msg15296#msg15296

crossy72

good test there mate,does the pellet flatten out on intial impact then carry on though the intended target causing maximum damage,sounds like the kind of thing iam looking for
cheers mate nick :-*

PistolMan

PistolMan is the name Pistol shooting my game..

Steyr LP5.
.25 Marauder Pistol aka RATBLASTER.

1377x

Quote from: crossy72 on October 09, 2011, 09:22:19 PM
good test there mate,does the pellet flatten out on intial impact then carry on though the intended target causing maximum damage,sounds like the kind of thing iam looking for
cheers mate nick :-*
from the looks of the pics i took they expand just after contact and carry through,you should have seen the gel flip and flop
on live quarry or nutters the crow mag doesnt exit.i assume it expends most of its energy on impact,the quarry usually drop like a rock absolutely no running,just a quick shiver

hellgrips98

http://hellgrips98.webs.com/ click here to see my exotic wood grips

NorthStaR

Take a diabolo pellet and score a X on the head with a blade. It'll blow a hole out like a dumdum.
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

quickster47 †

If you try a few different pellets on your potato targets keep us posted with your personal opinion results and some pictures of the entry and exit holes on the tater.

But make sure you blindfold the taters, cause their eyes could see you and they might duck, and that Mrs. Potatohead is not watching the executions.  ;D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

NorthStaR

Quote from: quickster47 on October 10, 2011, 02:25:22 PM

But make sure you blindfold the taters, cause their eyes could see you and they might duck, and that Mrs. Potatohead is not watching the executions.  ;D
Carl

Or her little new potatoes. Bless'em.  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

quickster47 †

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

JEBert

QuoteBut make sure you blindfold the taters, cause their eyes could see you and they might duck, and that Mrs. Potatohead is not watching the executions.  ;D
Or her little new potatoes. Bless'em.  ;)
You guys are killin me!
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

crossy72

you guys really crack me up,the predator polymag's are a little expensive just to slay spuds,a price worth paying for small vermin i would imagine,the destroyer pellets are probably worth ago,and yes i will do some informal testing for a laugh, iam away for a week or so,so this thread may run dry for a bit,

on another subject my walnut ambidex grips will be here tomorrow,when i collect then from the postal depot so something to look forward to,then iam away so no stress releaving plinking for a week arrrgggghhh,thats the only drawback to this past time,you just cant take your pistol with you and say shoot on the beach,there will always be some one who gets upset LOL