Where can I get this?

Started by chinaboy, November 20, 2011, 02:00:26 AM

chinaboy

chinaboy

Also, the level on the scope mount is cool too.

quickster47 †

You can search on 1399 stock review and find the information.  If not I'll find it again for you and reply to this post.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

quickster47 †

For some reason I cannot find that review on the forum.  Could have been lost during the hack attack a few months ago.  Anyway, here is the text from that review.  It lists where to get the pieces.

Crosman has some great parts that can be added to their guns and one of my favorite parts is their 1399 stock.  It is inexpensive, about $25 even from Pyramyd Air, and fits a variety of the Crosman guns because of their universal trigger frame.  The 1399 stock fits model 1377, the 22XX series of guns, and discontinued models 105, 111, 130, 150, 151, 1300, 1322, and SSP250.

It is a well made synthetic stock that is strong and fits the Crosman pistols very well.  The ease of attachment to the pistols provides solid support for shooting.  And because it easily attaches/detaches with only a common flat blade screwdriver you can quickly convert from pistol to rifle and back.  It adds stability to the gun and that increased stability gives greater accuracy.  The stability provided by the addition of the stock is much better than that of a two-handed hold while bracing against a solid structure for precision shooting.  Makes a good gun even better.  Plus it makes the gun look really cool too!

However, and don't you just hate that part, what I dislike about the Crosman 1399 stock is the way your cheek fits against the upper section of the stock or what is commonly called the comb.  And actually it doesn't even touch it in most cases.  Even for a guy like me with long arms the length of pull (LoP) is not that bad.  But you can never get a good cheek weld in the stock form.  Hmm, bad play on words there.  Getting a good cheek weld with your eye/scope right where they should be makes for a much more comfortable and productive shooting session whether punching paper, plinking or taking out some pesky varmints.

To improve the stock for my needs I started scouring the Internet for a cheek rest that could easily be added/adopted to the 1399 stock.  Mind you finding something that would work on this stock was not an easy task but finally I stumbled on a company called Advanced Technology Inc. and their line of SKS products and their appropriately named product the SKS Cheek Rest.  It wasn’t perfect but it was as close as I was going to get I decided.  And the best part about the piece is that it is also inexpensive, about $9.

http://www.parts4sks.com/sks_accessories/category/SKS_cheek_rest.html

In order for the SKS cheek rest to fit the contour of the 1399 stock I cut a piece of wood and grooved one edge.  I then sealed the wood with Cyanoacrylate or Superglue and painted it black.  The piece of wood fits up in the cheek rest and keeps it aligned on the 1399 stock when tightened using the cheek rest retaining screw.

To make the cheek rest more comfortable and give it that final personal fit touch I used a piece of pipe insulation cut to length and secured to the cheek rest with a piece of thin double sided tape.

The pictures included below should give you a pretty good idea about how it all fits together.  And I’m always open to questions.

So there you have it, an easy mod to a good product that makes it better.

In Omnia Paratus

quickster47 †

In Omnia Paratus

chinaboy

Thanks Quickster.  I appreciate it. 

Also, oops I meant to post this in the "General Discussion" section.  So that's why I couldn't find the post.

upso

that's awesome! thanks for the info!!!!