Will a flow thru bolt from a 1377 fit a .177 2300KT?

Started by Themajickman, December 05, 2011, 11:20:34 PM

Themajickman

This is probably a dumb question but, Will a .177 flow thru bolt from a 1377 fit a 2300 KT (.177, long steel breech)? I think it might but, to be on the safe side I need to ask the question
Crosman 2300KT: .177  10.1" :  Black muzzle brake: Long Steel breech & Bolt - Shoulder Stock
Ruger Mark I: .177 Break Barrel pistol
Smith & Wesson 78g
Crosman Phantom 1000

I'm paralyzed from the neck down so my wife does all the shooting! I'm still the ringleader (voice control technology rocks!) and keep getting myself new toys for her to shoot.....I live my life through her. :-)

Colt25

Sometimes the best way to learn is to try it for yourself :P

Serpents Den

no such thing as a stupid question.....answers or peeps on the other hand......   the breeches for the 1377 and 2300's, as long as they are both from same time period, should be interchangeable....a lot of the older guns, the breech forward mounting hole is in a different location, under the bolt area....see this thread below... there is a picture of both versions in the thread...

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=185.msg41113#msg41113

Themajickman

Quote from: Colt25 on December 05, 2011, 11:28:54 PM
Sometimes the best way to learn is to try it for yourself :P

normally I would agree, however, since my accident I have to be a little bit more proactive before purchasing things that might not be compatible because I won't be doing the work myself.
Crosman 2300KT: .177  10.1" :  Black muzzle brake: Long Steel breech & Bolt - Shoulder Stock
Smith & Wesson 78g
Crosman Phantom 1000

I'm paralyzed from the neck down so my wife does all the shooting! I'm still the ringleader (voice control technology rocks!) and keep getting myself new toys for her to shoot.....I live my life through her. :-)

Themajickman

Quote from: Serpents Den on December 05, 2011, 11:57:33 PM
no such thing as a stupid question.....answers or peeps on the other hand......   the breeches for the 1377 and 2300's, as long as they are both from same time period, should be interchangeable....a lot of the older guns, the breech forward mounting hole is in a different location, under the bolt area....see this thread below... there is a picture of both versions in the thread...

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=185.msg41113#msg41113

Thank you, however, I wasn't planning on swapping the breeches but only purchasing a flow- thru bolt to improve my 2300. I won't be changing the breech itself. But before purchasing it and going through all of the work I thought it would be a good idea to find out if it will even fit
Smith & Wesson 78g
Crosman Phantom 1000

Crosshairs

If the gun is apart you can check if the holes in the breech and the hole in the bolt line up. But it should work.

Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Themajickman

Really appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have the 2300 yet. I didn't realize that there were different locations for the hole in the breeches. Live and learn. Thank you
Smith & Wesson 78g
Crosman Phantom 1000

JEBert

The hole in a flow-through bolt needs to line up with the transfer port, not the breech mounting hole.  To my knowledge, all of the transfer port holes are in the same place in the 22XX and 13XX guns including 2300's and 2400's.  Therefore,  whether a gun has the older, forward, or newer, rearward, location of the front breech mounting hole should not affect the location of the transfer port.
Someone correct me if I am missing something.
Themajickman, I say order the bolt but be sure you have your wife install the bolt handle correctly.  If she installs it 180 degrees out, the hole will be up when the bolt is closed with the handle down.  When the bolt is closed and the handle locked down, the hole in the probe should be down and lined up with the transfer port.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Themajickman

Quote from: JEBert on December 08, 2011, 07:41:39 AM
The hole in a flow-through bolt needs to line up with the transfer port, not the breech mounting hole.  To my knowledge, all of the transfer port holes are in the same place in the 22XX and 13XX guns including 2300's and 2400's.  Therefore,  whether a gun has the older, forward, or newer, rearward, location of the front breech mounting hole should not affect the location of the transfer port.
Someone correct me if I am missing something.
Themajickman, I say order the bolt but be sure you have your wife install the bolt handle correctly.  If she installs it 180 degrees out, the hole will be up when the bolt is closed with the handle down.  When the bolt is closed and the handle locked down, the hole in the probe should be down and lined up with the transfer port.
Cheers,
Jerry

Jerry,

thanks for the clarification. Makes perfect sense to me,

thanks,
Paul
Smith & Wesson 78g
Crosman Phantom 1000

Crosshairs

Well that's what i ment to say but im sure you new that.
                                        Mike

JEBert

QuoteWell that's what i ment to say but im sure you new that.
                                        Mike
I did Mike, but I wanted to clarify it for Paul.
Merry Christmas,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Themajickman

I really appreciate all the input. Everybody is really helpful here on this forum. Great bunch of people, sure and glad that I found this great resource.   :)
Smith & Wesson 78g
Crosman Phantom 1000

Crosshairs

Quote from: JEBert on December 10, 2011, 06:03:04 PM
I did Mike, but I wanted to clarify it for Paul.
Merry Christmas,
Jerry
Im not to good with explaning sometimes just cant put the words together. thanks for the back up  ;) After going back and reading it i see what you mean it was a bit vauge. I think they call it team work  :-*
                                           Mike