Here's mine>>>>

Started by woody67, December 09, 2011, 12:34:26 AM

woody67

This morning's post by arkmaker got me excited!
I had to do it myself.....

Drilled out the casing for the barrel and painstakingly positioned my 137 stock barrel into it. It was a few minutes of trial and error before I got it positioned just right where the pellet clip could rotate exactly the way it needs to to fire correctly. I have a really tiny amount of Co2 coming out when I shoot, but not enough to make a difference, so I'm fine with a little pff.

Added the shroud, now the gun is silent...AND I can still use the open sights with it on.

Thanks Rich! Now the .357 is really awesome!

quickster47 †

Wow, that's pretty wicked looking if I do say so.  Good job.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

woody67

Thanks!

I'll do a bit of shooting with it tomorrow to sight it in and test it's groupings.
I'm hoping and expecting the pellets will fly straighter than they used to with the stock barrel.

breakfastchef

Great job on the mechanics, but the build looks a bit odd. I guess the muzzle brake trumps the classic revolver lines.
Larry

1377x

looks good
where did you get the shroud!
closed mouths dont get fed

woody67

It's not a permanent one. I am planning on getting a black delrin brake for it.

It looks a little silly with the barrel just sticking out naked, so I took the shroud from my carbine and stuck it on. It'll do for now or for tomorrow's lizard hunt

Here's what it looks like without the shroud.

I agree, it does look kind of ridiculous with the bright silver shroud. I'm thinking a black plastic one will look ok (well, hoping anyway :-*).

woody67

Quote from: 1377x on December 09, 2011, 01:07:24 AM
looks good
where did you get the shroud!

I got it from Alex at AC Custom about a year ago. It's brushed alluminum, and does it's job perfectly!! You've seen it on my 2240 Carbine in my other posts before....

1377x

i'm still kicking myself in the rear for not getting a shroud from him!!!  :-X >:(

woody67

Yeah he did some nice work.

I remember when his website said he wasn't taking orders until further notice. I ignored it and sent him a paypal payment for everything I wanted, then sent him an email with my order, and in less than 2 weeks it was at my door.

Perhaps give that a try....all you have to lose is a payment, which I'm sure he'd return if he decided to not fullfill the order...

It worked for me when I did it... ;)

quickster47 †

A shorter and fatter shroud would look good on your gun.  Make your own would be the best thing because then you can add STUFF to it and change the way it works.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

Quote from: woody67 on December 09, 2011, 02:29:15 AM
Yeah he did some nice work.

I remember when his website said he wasn't taking orders until further notice. I ignored it and sent him a paypal payment for everything I wanted, then sent him an email with my order, and in less than 2 weeks it was at my door.

Perhaps give that a try....all you have to lose is a payment, which I'm sure he'd return if he decided to not fullfill the order...

It worked for me when I did it... ;)
i did ask recently
no go
if you do want to add a smaller muzzle brake
mellonair makes a 4" aluminum or delrin brake you can add lead dust collecting material yourself
http://mellonair.com/index.php?p=1_9_Muzzle-Brakes

Colt25

That's a sick revolver I need one now 8)

Crosshairs

Very cool i like it very different. nice job  :-*
                                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!